Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Smashed New Plane Right Before Nats.

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Smashed New Plane Right Before Nats.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 01:23 AM
Ryan Nau
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smashed New Plane Right Before Nats.

Over the last week I been building a new Blackjack (boomplane) for Unlimited. My old black jack for whiped at the selinsgrove funfly. My new one I just build is the "big wing" version and i made the tail a little different. Anyways first flights today. First flight went really well. Looped better then any boom plane i ever had and did outsides real tight without snapping out. 2nd flight programmed it out better went up. Then did some roops and the elevator came off the boom.
No control, straight in. Kind of messed up bad, but Im fixing it. Just taking a little break now since I been working on it for a while. Going to have it done tonight and have it flying tomorow hopefully and getting it working right. Well time ot get back at it until about 4AM :sleeping: :tired:
Old 07-25-2003, 04:39 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Wow duuude.. That sucks.... I lost a StickIt once because of a failed elevator horn.... Went right in... full bore....
Old 08-02-2003, 12:40 PM
funflysteve
My Feedback: (2)

I have lost planes from the elevator comin off the boom to many times until a friend of mine smacked me in the head and told me to do wut he has been doin for years now.....use up the stupid round servo arms you get with every servo you buy. Wut you do is drill a 1/16 hole thru the stab and the boom....then use servo screws and a 1/2" round arm for a surface washer and screw the stab to the boom for added security...that way if the glue joint breaks then the screw will hold it to the boom for a safe landing. I use 2 screw and washer setups to secure the stab to the boom....this setup has saved me several major rebuilds and i found it most useful on the planes i like to hover to the ground and touch the tail.....good luck at the nats ryan....wish i could have been there this year.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:52 PM
Ryan Nau

I always use the servos round arms on planes like the menace, but on the black jack unlimited version you cant do it because the rudder sits on top of the stab and is gluded on. Next one I'll do it from the bottom on the boom plane. It held together through the nats and got 2nd in Sportsman unlimited.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:48 PM
cutbrush

HI Ryan. It was really good to see you and your father again. I hope you enjoyed yourself in SC. Im really lookin forward to next year so i can fly with you guys. CYA then and thanks again for taking the time to join us for this years Nationals.

H. Call
Old 08-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Ryan Nau

Hi Harold, The nats was a great time, lots of fun. Great job running it, I think everything went well.
I dont know if I will get to any funflys next year or not, we have mostly all control line competitions planned.
Do you know what days the Nats are going to be held next year out in Muncie? I was out there this year for CL nats and its a great place, nice museum, huge field for every type of flying. It would be a great place to have it!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:15 PM
cutbrush

im not even sure its a done deal for muncie yet but if i here something ill be sure to let you know. glad you had a good time and thanks again for coming down. CYA
Old 08-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Azarr

Hi Harold,

A special thanks to you and your club, the Eutawville Flyers with you as the CD did an outstanding job. It was a good trip and a good Nationals.