RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Profile and Fun Flying Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/)
-   -   Need a Profile, 20cc gas (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/11684325-need-profile-20cc-gas.html)

LarryFitch 11-01-2020 08:34 AM

Need a Profile, 20cc gas

Folks, I've been looking for an ARF or kit for a 20cc (1.20 cubic inch) profile airplane, with no luck. Can anyone share where I can buy such an airplane? I have a DLE-20RA engine that I'd like to get back in the air. Any help would be appreciated. I guess just a set of planes could be used to make my own kit, but would prefer an ARF.

Thanks,
Larry

daveopam 11-02-2020 01:53 PM

You can get Mojo 65 plans here. https://aerofred.com/index.php?sessi...o3fglt5cvvm354
Not sure what I'll do if I ever loose my 67" Fusion. It's a shame our hobby is going away from these.

David

LarryFitch 11-02-2020 04:19 PM

David, Thanks for the info and link. Not sure how to download the plans and drawings, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks Again,

Larry

daveopam 11-03-2020 07:06 AM

If I understand it correctly you will need to register with the site and sign in. There may also be some good info on the profile brotherhood site.
I should have the plans someplace for the original OMP Fusion. Back then they made a kit and ARF version. Duplicating the ply fuse parts might be a chore unless you are good with a scroll saw.

David

LarryFitch 11-03-2020 08:50 AM

David, I registered on the website, but once logged in, I can't find the Mojo-65 plans. I can find them before logging in, but not after. Not sure what is going on, but then I'm a bit analog and not digital.

daveopam 11-03-2020 02:09 PM

Not real techy myself. I would find a 7 year old and ask for help lol.

David

LarryFitch 11-04-2020 05:49 AM

Seven year old--good call. I understand there are a couple chinese vendors that may be making them. That according to a flying friend that has an older YAK made from an Wrongway RC kit.

daveopam 11-04-2020 07:19 AM

If you find a source Larry be sure and post it here. Not sure where the expiration date is stamped on my Fusion but I know it has one.

David

LarryFitch 11-08-2020 12:06 PM

Well, it didn't work out, at least not yet. The company is a manufacture, and would be happy to build us 200+ airplanes, but not two. Still looking.

Hemikiller 11-14-2020 05:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LarryFitch (Post 12642363)
David, I registered on the website, but once logged in, I can't find the Mojo-65 plans. I can find them before logging in, but not after. Not sure what is going on, but then I'm a bit analog and not digital.

Larry,

PDF file of the Mojo65 plan attached below. If you'd like them printed, shoot me a PM.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/market/11684770

Dennis

LarryFitch 11-14-2020 07:33 AM

Hemikiller, Thanks for the pdf! I can get it printed here. Thanks for taking the time to post and respond. Paul's plans are very nice if building his kit, but lacking info for the "plans builder" as there is only one wing rib profile, and no idea what the profile is so you could use a wing profile program to get the different size ribs for the tapered wing. I'll have to noddle this a bit longer. Thanks again for you help.

Larry

ahicks 11-15-2020 05:05 AM

Do as you like, but if the plane you are building has more than 1 rib profile, it would not be a Mojo....

LarryFitch 11-15-2020 06:17 AM

Mr. Hicks, I should have said wing ribs have a different chord, as the MOJO 65 has a tapered wing. I don't know the profile, do you? If I knew the profile, I could use Compufoil to generate the various ribs by inputting each ribs chord.

Larry

LarryFitch 11-15-2020 06:20 AM

Mr. Hicks, If you read my response to Hemikiller carefully you would see I didn't say different profile, I said different size.

ahicks 11-18-2020 06:43 AM

Apologies, after doing a google search I see it does indeed use different size ribs. After building and flying one of his last Mojo 65 kits, I remembered it as being a constant chord straight wing. Proof my memory isn't what it used to be! -Al

Hemikiller 11-22-2020 04:32 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LarryFitch (Post 12644573)
Hemikiller, Thanks for the pdf! I can get it printed here. Thanks for taking the time to post and respond. Paul's plans are very nice if building his kit, but lacking info for the "plans builder" as there is only one wing rib profile, and no idea what the profile is so you could use a wing profile program to get the different size ribs for the tapered wing. I'll have to noddle this a bit longer. Thanks again for you help.

Larry

Larry,

Here's the parts pages in PDF, found the on the Profile Brotherhood forums.

LarryFitch 11-22-2020 10:44 AM

Hemikiller, Thanks you very much for the parts drawings. They will help a lot.
I appreciate your efforts,
Larry