RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Profile and Fun Flying Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/)
-   -   BRO PRO TWISTER (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/1288896-bro-pro-twister.html)

TERMAGATOR 11-18-2003 11:45 PM

BRO PRO TWISTER

1 Attachment(s)
This is #1 of 2 scratch built P.T.s The other one is bare in the bones waiting to be covered....Paul Swany did my ribs and other laser cut parts. I did a couple of the standard mods(dog ear'd ailerons, vertical fin attached to rudder, and counter balanced elevators). This one is gonna have a MagnumXL52 for paower....G

PaulSwany 11-18-2003 11:48 PM

RE: BRO PRO TWISTER

Duude... Awesome looking plane!!! What she weigh?

TERMAGATOR 11-18-2003 11:49 PM

not sure,,,but I can tell you this,,,it aint as lite as that burrito....Hey I got your TRIBUTE Pauly....G

ChuckAuger 11-18-2003 11:51 PM

Pauly says, "Damn, you coulda brought my foamie over instead of takin them pics!" LOL

Good lookin' as always, Gator. Them colors look
familiar..can't....put....my.....finger.....on ........them! :D

TERMAGATOR 11-18-2003 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: ChuckAuger

Good lookin' as always, Gator. Them colors look
familiar..can't....put....my.....finger.....on ........them! :D
chuck knows his stuff...:D

blue ice 11-19-2003 05:22 AM

Gator,
I just would like to say you make me sick(please take no offense)with how fast you turn out these great looking planes. I just started to cover my first kit and darn, I covered the top of the wing first. Off came the covering and I have not looked at it for a while. I just get mad when I screw up. I only wish I was 1/2 as good as you are. Keep those great planes coming.

Gordo-ProBro 11-19-2003 08:09 AM

shoot man, fromthe title of this thread I thought you had a drink powerful enough to "Twist a Bro"

But that sure is a nice looking plane. You keep it up and we'll just let you make all the planes for the Brotherhood. Your covering schemes would make us the envy of all the other "brotherhoods" out there. (Oh you know, the Fuse Brotherhood, the Circle Flyer Brotherhood, the Cub Brotherhood, the Anti-3D Brotherhood...........)

wagas 11-19-2003 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Love the layout of the white, very original. I think I'll save these pics for future reference. AWESOME. What's up with were the cockpit suppose to be? Are you adding that later?

777M8 11-19-2003 08:51 AM

Looks Great...B Bill

PaulSwany 11-19-2003 09:00 AM

Wagas... Take a look at the other picture.. you can see that the cockpit is in... I think Gator just covered it with chrome or something reflective....

ChuckAuger 11-19-2003 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: blue ice

Gator,
I just would like to say you make me sick(please take no offense)with how fast you turn out these great looking planes. I just started to cover my first kit and darn, I covered the top of the wing first. Off came the covering and I have not looked at it for a while. I just get mad when I screw up. I only wish I was 1/2 as good as you are. Keep those great planes coming.
Don't get discouraged, man!! Flying an ugly plane beats not flying. That's the thing with these, you'll always want (or need!) another so you can keep honing those covering schemes.

You don't think Gator started out making these awesome jobs (I've seen his scrap book...he just didn't start putting picures in there until he got good AFAIK :D). Or like me..I've just resigned myself to the fact that I can't cover worth a hoot...but that don't stop me, nosiree!!

And yeah, he's got a chrome cockpit..My Sledge has one and from pics it always looked like it is clear, the reflection off the near wing looks like the far wing, from any angle.

TERMAGATOR 11-19-2003 09:29 AM

Paul & Chuck are right, its a peice of chrome monokote..A side note on this covering, its all monokote and some of that blue didnt want to stick...it was almost like the wood was repel'n it, but I made it stick anyway:D

wagas 11-19-2003 11:00 AM

Now that I look at, Yes I can tell. Guess I just wasn't looking close enough....Duh boy do I feel stupid...

Balsageek 11-19-2003 01:59 PM

Gator,
Keep us posted on that Magnum 52. I owned a magnum 40 once hated it, broke it, and bought an O.S. If their newest engines live up to the hype, that 52 looks like a good deal.

matt flyer 11-19-2003 03:47 PM

do any of you now how the pro twister flys cause i was thinhing about buying one. by the way nice plane

777M8 11-19-2003 04:16 PM

Is #2 going to be a twin or will it have some yellow instead of orange on it?

B Bill

Acro3D 11-19-2003 07:01 PM

Yes the Twister is a great plane. I've had a couple and liked them very well. It's a bit smaller than the Morris Knife which doesn't mean a thing. Get one, build it lite, and have a blast!!

JIVE TURKEY 11-19-2003 07:39 PM

Obviously Gator has artistic ability (and a lot of time on his hands to generate the amount of planes he do)(note to self; PRIORITIZE!) that most of us wish we had!

Gator, you should post a copy of your sketch/note pad of possible design schemes, to give those of us who automatically cover our planes in a starburst design (because we can't think of anything else), some ideas!

TERMAGATOR 11-19-2003 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: JIVE TURKEY

Gator, you should post a copy of your sketch/note pad of possible design schemes, to give those of us who automatically cover our planes in a starburst design (because we can't think of anything else), some ideas!

Normaly, I draw out a design in Paint Shop Pro...this design, I kinda borrowed from the design I was gonna do on Ulfs Sledge...I had a Houston Texans scheme drawn up and I was just going from memory. After I had the wing covered, I found the Texans scheme and discovered that I had done the white part backwards,,,hey, I can still do that texans scheme now and I wont be doing a repeat cover job:D
from 1996 to 2000 I covered 44 planes, thats 11 a yer,,,from 2001-2002 I had alot of ARF's, this year so farI'm on a pretty good pace, I know I've covered 4 Sledges this year, an Knife and burrito , Taco 2 Pro Twisters, and got another P.T. ready to cover before the end of the year...and probably some more just cant remember...G

capthis 11-19-2003 11:40 PM

Gator, first thing to do with that new magnum is to take the baffel out of the muffer. It is very very restrictive. I would also bore out the end of the muffler to get a few more R's! They tend to leak around the needle valve but a peice of fuel tubing will fix that. They will also leak out of the muffler joints so put some high temp sealant there before you pt it back together. The low speed needle tends to creep as well, but here again an easy fix. I also use sealant under the carb, it may not be necessary on this one but I do it to all my engines. Yes this is a lot to do, but all are very simple and easy. And I have had to do it to several other engines, in order to get them to run to my liking. They are a very powerful engine and throttle very well. Mine likes a several props such as a 12.25/ 3.75 and a 12-4 apc. and 11-5 will really make it spin, but I can't tell much difference in the "pull"

I hardly ever use a starter on mine, just a good priming and I grab the spinner and give a good twist backwards. I just bought two more of these, so that should tell you what I think of them. I think they are about the best buy for your money if you have a little extra time to set them up.

Good looking protwister by the way my burrito is almost finished!

TERMAGATOR 11-20-2003 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bryan,
thanks for the info, its good to hear that its a good performer, Theres almost nothing better than an engine you can flip it backwards and it starts right up. I'll be sure to pass these tips on to my Dad, its gonna be his plane. He usally runs his motors at about 80% of what they are capable of to make'm last longer.

I finished the bottom tonight, so know all thats left is to seal the monokote with trim solvent, and put the push rods on the fuse

Pic #1 is for all you Vul's, semiholes and other "GATOR HATER's":D
pic #2 is for Andy, shows the chrome on the cockpit. check out the reflection, white stripe almost fits right in with the one on the opposite wing

PaulSwany 11-21-2003 09:53 AM

Duuuuude... That looks soooo cool!!!

What font did you use?

TERMAGATOR 11-21-2003 04:50 PM

that font is called "cezzane" or something kinda like that, looks kinda like the wizzard huh?

Kenny R 11-21-2003 07:18 PM

Nice looking plane !

Gordo-ProBro 11-21-2003 09:04 PM

Hey, Gator you got the Wizzard one? I keep getting the wrong one, same name, looks different. Could you email it?

Thanks