RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Profile and Fun Flying Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/)
-   -   Pizazz with a .61? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/23452-pizazz-61-a.html)

warhwk 12-12-2001 01:04 AM

Pizazz with a .61?

I've been wanting to try my hand with 3D and the Pizazz looks just right. THE engine of choice seems to be the Saito .72 four stroke. But before I spend $$, I have a couple of new .61 two strokes that I would like to try. Does anyone have any comments on how this would affect prop clearance and or CG. Thanks in advance. Warhwk

wgeffon 12-12-2001 06:07 AM

Pizazz with a .61?

I'm not sure on the specs but you may want to check the weight of the 61's versus the Saito .72. I think you'll find that the .72 is considerably lighter than the 61. Example: I had a Webra .50 in my Top Cap. I changed it over to a Saito .72 and it didnt change the CG at all. I think a 60 two stroke would have made it nose heavy.
If you want to 3D the key is to be light. If you put a 61 in it and have to add tailweight to balance it you are just adding dead weight.
I know they are pretty expensive but my .72 is a GREAT running light engine. For plane like the Pizazz and Su-Do-Khois, Top Cap's Etc. you cant beat them.

Just my .02

warhwk 12-12-2001 09:46 AM

You're right wgeffon!

Wow! I cant believe the Saito .72 is so light. Lighter than some .40 two strokes. But the price :confused: I already have a couple of two strokes. Now I'm wondering if the 5 extra ounces in the nose is going to affect my chances of learning to 3D. Does the Pizazz tend to come out tail heavy?

Derek8819 12-12-2001 12:54 PM

Pizazz with a .61?

I dont know howlight the pizzaz is supposed to be but, I know my sudukhoi came out to 4.2 lbs and with a 46fx and 30% coolpower i hover at quarter throttle. It is light and powerful. you shouldnt need more than that and they are cheap. I have 2 and one starts easy and runs ok. the other is a little hard to start but turns rpm like i never saw on an os. Just hope you got a good one.

PaulSwany 12-12-2001 03:49 PM

Pizazz with a .61?

I think the Pizzaz is about a pound heavier that the SuDoKhoi..... Which would make the os 46 performance a little weak.... I've seen a few at our field with the Irvine 53. Great performance with that engine for around $100..... Hard to pass up that Saito though at only 16 oz.... wow... I be the torque rolls would be fanominal....

But the Irvine 53 is a definate option.

4 stroken ron 12-12-2001 11:32 PM

Pizazz with a .61?

1 Attachment(s)
My first Pizazz (RIP) had a TT pro 46 with an APC 12.25X 3.75 prop, and it had plenty of power. I used two HiTec 81 MGs mounted to the bottom of the horizontal for the elevators because I didn't like that long forked push rod. I used a HiTec 425 on the rudder with Kevlor pull pull. A Hitec 81 MG on each airleron and A HS 80 on throttle. I used an 8oz Great planes fuel tank and a 700 mil 6V nicad that ended up in the fuel compartment with the tank. My all up weight was 4 lbs. 8 oz. This thing flew wonderful. I am going to my LHS on Satuday to get my second one. Fortunately I have all the raido gaer and engine ready for it:D
4 4 4 4 stroken ron

Derek8819 12-13-2001 01:24 AM

Pizazz with a .61?

to say my point that the os would be enough, I had a TT46 on my sudukhoi and it hovered at 3/4 throttle. with no change in fuel or prop but i changed to the o.s. 46fx it hovers at 1/4 throttle. it has alot of power for it.

Snaggs 12-15-2001 09:30 PM

Pizazz with a .61?

Ron,

Bummer about the crash, but you didn't tell us how it happened. Was it radio failure or what?

Thanks,

-Snaggs

4 stroken ron 12-15-2001 10:10 PM

Pizazz with a .61?

DUMB THUMB, I had just completed a nice spin. I corrected for the spin and thought "that was too easy" so I corrected agiain. That second correction was one too many. I then ran out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time.
4 4 4 4 stroken ron