RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Profile and Fun Flying Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/)
-   -   accel hobbies PITTS PROFILE! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/2480793-accel-hobbies-pitts-profile.html)

mrbigg 12-29-2004 07:43 PM

accel hobbies PITTS PROFILE!

just went to their site and seen this plane. coming in january. looks choice! i wonder if the boys at OMP are going to sell it?

novabill 12-29-2004 07:44 PM

RE: accel hobbies PITTS PROFILE!

OMP will be selling the BOXXER bipe. Go to their site and check it out. They also have the .60 ultimate as well.

TailTwister 12-29-2004 08:49 PM

The Pitts is pretty. I like the classic colors. I like them monster size ailerons too!

novabill 12-29-2004 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: TailTwister

The Pitts is pretty. I like the classic colors. I like them monster size ailerons too!

It's an awesome looking plane is'nt it. I see one in my future.

TailTwister 12-29-2004 09:54 PM

That would be cool.

dhooks 12-29-2004 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: mrbigg

just went to their site and seen this plane. coming in january. looks choice! i wonder if the boys at OMP are going to sell it?

You'll be able to order it direct at www.accelhobby.com :D I like ordering direct.....tends to be better service.

TailTwister 12-30-2004 10:36 AM

Good point D.

RCSM 12-30-2004 11:42 PM

how do you think a 50 os 2 stroke will fly this plane?do you think it has the power for good pull out/and 3d.also did anyone see this plane fly or have any video.

dhooks 12-31-2004 06:43 AM

At the weight it is....a 50 would pull it around just fine! I wouldnt mind seeing a video too...saw some pics of it. Videos anyone?:D

STLPilot 12-31-2004 06:50 AM

dhooks 12-31-2004 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Lose your thought?:D

STLPilot 12-31-2004 12:04 PM

No I thought is was another thread.

TailTwister 12-31-2004 03:25 PM

Dion, what are you guys gonna sell the Pitts for. How long until you get them?

rcs36 12-31-2004 10:25 PM

What is up with Accels' pricing? You can get the Kat .70 at 5.5 lbs for $199 and they want $239 for the Pitts at 4.5 lbs. Is it a bipe thing? You can get the OMP Ultimate kit for $150 and free shipping.

dhooks 12-31-2004 11:17 PM

ORIGINAL: rcs36

What is up with Accels' pricing? You can get the Kat .70 at 5.5 lbs for $199 and they want $239 for the Pitts at 4.5 lbs. Is it a bipe thing? You can get the OMP Ultimate kit for $150 and free shipping.
Well the Pitts is an ARF the ultimate is a kit, Im guessing thats your pricing difference.;)

When will you all be stocking the Pitts Dion? Have a price in the forecast? This is one I might have to try.

rcs36 12-31-2004 11:59 PM

ORIGINAL: dhooks

ORIGINAL: rcs36

Well the Pitts is an ARF the ultimate is a kit, Im guessing thats your pricing difference.;)

When will you all be stocking the Pitts Dion? Have a price in the forecast? This is one I might have to try.
So is the Kat .70 an ARF. I mean a .40 ARF costing more than a .70 size ARF. And the .40 is a pound lighter. Less wood and covering. ????

Yea Dion, will you stock it? And if you price it at $199, I might buy it. :D

TailTwister 01-01-2005 12:54 AM

The 40 bipe, as of now, is more expensive than the 70 Kat, yes. It is also a 1300+ square inch wing(s). The Kat 70 is 900somethin' The prototype Pitts was flown successfully with several engines, including the Saito 91, which was balanced with onboard gear. The Pitts ARF is a plane that can sit in a crossover category. Yes, a strong 46 will do it, as will your Saito 72s. It also is a size that will allow it to be flown on a Saito 82 or 91.

As for the OMP Ultimate, it's a kit. My understanding is that it is an extremely well executed one, but a kit none the less.

So, anyway, Dion, when can we see the Pitts in stock there? Are you guys gonna match the Accel price, or can you shave a buck or two off? It is a pretty plane...

rcs36 01-01-2005 01:28 AM

The 40 bipe, as of now, is more expensive than the 70 Kat, yes. It is also a 1300+ square inch wing(s). The Kat 70 is 900somethin' The prototype Pitts was flown successfully with several engines, including the Saito 91, which was balanced with onboard gear. The Pitts ARF is a plane that can sit in a crossover category. Yes, a strong 46 will do it, as will your Saito 72s. It also is a size that will allow it to be flown on a Saito 82 or 91.

As for the OMP Ultimate, it's a kit. My understanding is that it is an extremely well executed one, but a kit none the less.

So, anyway, Dion, when can we see the Pitts in stock there? Are you guys gonna match the Accel price, or can you shave a buck or two off? It is a pretty plane...

Are you promoting the Pitts or something? Sorry, I mean no harm, but to pay $40 more for a plane that is 1lbs less in materials just does not make sinse to me. My .02 [:o] I could be very much wrong.....

TailTwister 01-01-2005 10:59 AM

Not promoting, I've never seen one, except for pics of the proto. I'm just answering the question why it is priced higher. Two wings, larger area, more colors... Maybe your "bipe thing" observation is accurate too. Labor cost maybe? I dunno. Maybe someone else can explain it better.

rcs36 01-01-2005 11:08 AM

Not promoting, I've never seen one, except for pics of the proto. I'm just answering the question why it is priced higher. Two wings, larger area, more colors... Maybe your "bipe thing" observation is accurate too. Labor cost maybe? I dunno. Maybe someone else can explain it better.
Come on man, OMP is listening.;) $199 sure sounds alot better. Right? [sm=thumbup.gif]

TailTwister 01-01-2005 11:25 AM

Agreed!

Dion, any chance of OMP letting a few of these go for $199?

rcs36 01-01-2005 11:41 AM

Yea! What do ya say Dion? $199 Right?:D:D

STLPilot 01-01-2005 12:46 PM

The first run is limited inventory and I think only Accel is going to run them.

Maybe we'll pick them up at a later time.

dhooks 01-01-2005 04:04 PM

Bipes seem to run more in general. Your looking at 2 wings. If you figure the time it takes you to build a plane wings/fuse then turn around an build another wing then cover it etc etc You can start to see where the etc dollars come from. Look at it this way your giving some chinese guy a few more hours work.:D

Im anxious to see how the bipe will 3D. Bipes are notoriously bad 3Ders, or should I say have some bad habits. If it 3Ds well it should be a real winner!

If the bipe has 1300 sq of wing like TT said it really is a big plane too. Almost a .60 size plane that will give good performance on a stout .46:)

Cmon Dion you cant pick up a few of them for us to try?[sm=confused.gif]

rcs36 01-01-2005 11:56 PM

Bipes seem to run more in general. Your looking at 2 wings. If you figure the time it takes you to build a plane wings/fuse then turn around an build another wing then cover it etc etc You can start to see where the etc dollars come from. Look at it this way your giving some chinese guy a few more hours work.
Ok, I see your point. [8D] But, there cann't be much wood in them wings if the plane as a whole is 1lbs lighter and more wing area than the Kat .70. That or the fuse filled with hot air. :D Of course the fuse is shorter. More savings there. OK. I am starting to see where this will work. But I still think $239 is too high. [&o]