Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
Reload this Page >

J1600R Over heat and shutdown !

Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

J1600R Over heat and shutdown !

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 AM
ty_edge_540t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J1600R Over heat and shutdown !

Dear All,
I've just bought a new jet engine from PST. It is J1600R. When I started the engine, everything was fine and the temperature was about 560-600 degree C at the idle RPM (35.000 rpm). Then I started to power up, it was fine but at the top of RPM ( 120.000rpm) the engine became over heat and shutdown automatically at the 840 degree C. After that, I checked the temperature sensor and I made sure that it stayed correct position (about 5mm in the tail cone). I tried again but the engine was over heat again. Then I tried to pull the temperature sensor to 2mm in tail cone, unfortunately, the problem has not been solved. Would you please help me to solve this problem ?

Thanks All,
Eric Trinh
Old 09-15-2010, 02:10 AM
kumpol

Default RE: J1600R Over heat and shutdown !

Hi Eric,

Nice to hear from our neighbor. Try to set the EGT Probe about 1mm.  Normally all the new engines from PST will have factory preset by special mount attached to the tail cone. What have happen to that one?

Kumpol

PSTJETS THAILAND

Old 09-15-2010, 08:51 AM
ty_edge_540t

ORIGINAL: kumpol

Hi Eric,

Nice to hear from our neighbor. Try to set the EGT Probe about 1mm. Normally all the new engines from PST will have factory preset by special mount attached to the tail cone. What have happen to that one?

Kumpol

PSTJETS THAILAND

The mouting still fine, sir . I've tried to set about 2mm,but couldn't solve the problem. Tomorrow I will try with 1mm setting and I will report you later , is it ok ?
Old 09-23-2010, 10:30 PM
ty_edge_540t

Hi Eric,

Nice to hear from our neighbor. Try to set the EGT Probe about 1mm. Normally all the new engines from PST will have factory preset by special mount attached to the tail cone. What have happen to that one?

Kumpol

PSTJETS THAILAND

Dear kumpol,
I set the EGT Probe to 1mm but I could not solve the problem. The engine still overheat. Should I send the engine back to Thailand ? If I should, would you please send me the PST address infor, therefore I can send it to you.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:10 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ty_edge_540t

Hi Eric,

Kumpol

PSTJETS THAILAND

Dear kumpol,
I set the EGT Probe to 1mm but I could not solve the problem. The engine still overheat. Should I send the engine back to Thailand ? If I should, would you please send me the PST address infor, therefore I can send it to you.

Ever get an answer to your question?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Turbine2010

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all

Also mine PSTTurbine J1600R overheats. I crashed two jets after take off because the turbine flamed out. Both times the shutdown data said temperature 804° and 803°C. Did PST fix this problem?
After I contacted PST a year ago after the first jet crashed, they didn't mention the problem unfortunately. Now I crashed two jets and lost confidence of the J1600R turbine.

Anyone the same experience or further information about the reliability of the J1600R turbine?

Thanks

Manuel