Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
Reload this Page >

J600R starts but will not run...please help!!

Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

J600R starts but will not run...please help!!

Old 12-14-2015, 04:22 PM
colesifer3d314
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J600R starts but will not run...please help!!

Hey guys, Im very new to turbines and this is actually my second motor. I have a boomerang nano that had a Ram500 in it and it actually was a nice little package, However, i wanted more power, which is why i opted for the PST J600R. I got it from a local member at a great price. It was last serviced with new bearings and new case a few years ago and ran once since it was serviced...it was put on a shelf after that run up until i bought it and put it in my jet.

I had an issue getting it to fire until i figured out i had the propane and kero lines crossed. So i switched those and it popped right off.

the issue i am having that i am hoping someone can help me with is that on start up it is putting out a HUGE amount of flame and then shutting down. Yesterday i had much better luck with it going into the ramping stages before it shut down. Today, it starts, and only wants to catch fire. It seems as if i am either doing something wrong or i dont even know.

Someone please help me. I have already messed up a couple areas of covering on my jet and would like to not do that again.

Thanks in advance,
Cole