Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
Reload this Page >

service & upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

service & upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 04:04 PM
CRAZYFLYERuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service & upgrade

how long does it take to get a j600 serviced & upgraded to the R spec

andy
Old 11-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: service & upgrade

Hi Andy,

The upgrade procedure requires replacing the combustion chamber, exhaust nozzle and a few other internal features. I don't believe the ECU software is affected. Since the chamber is being replaced, the shaft assembly will need to be disassembled, meaning its not just a quick n' dirty change over of a few new parts.

I don't know how Rob's running things in the UK with his clients, but here in North America they'll publish an upgrade spec and price sheet once the proper upgrade plan is established and RTI is ready. As it is now, the J600R is available, although on a special order basis due to the fact that its still a new engine and production is still very busy with the J600. Once the J600R production numbers are up, the upgrade plan will be discussed again.

If you can't wait, you might try contacting Kraivuth or Kumpol at [email protected]. Time dependant, they might be able to give you an estimate and perform the upgrade in Thailand.

Thanks,
Kelly Williams
PST-Jets
North American Tech Support

PS: hey moderators, can one of you guys tell me why the email address I typed in this message got all screwed up?
Old 11-08-2003, 08:39 PM
B777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: service & upgrade

At the moment, all upgrade is done in Thailand. As mentioned, the overall look of J600 and J600R may be the same but many internal parts are different. Cost for upgrade is dependent on the engine condition. For Orbit ecu owner, the start up is critical and the Orbit does not allow programmability in this region so we recommend upgrade with TEMS ecu only. Please contact our reps or direct if you are serious about the upgrade. We will help in anyway we can to get what you want.

BTW, upgrade time is 2-3 days, again depending on the engine condition. Shipping from Thailand by UPS ususally takes less than 4 days world-wide.

B777
PST Jets Thailand