Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
Reload this Page >

fuel valve, and servicing

Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

fuel valve, and servicing

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 11:28 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default fuel valve, and servicing

Might it be possible to replace the manual fuel valve installed between pump and engine with one controlled by the TEMS, like the gas valve is? Occasionally I forget to close it after flying so a bit of fuel gets pumped through to the engine during refuelling and I get a wet start.

My J600 will soon have enough starts to have its first service, according to the manual. Whilst that is being done I would like it to be upgraded to the R version. Is there anyone in the UK who can do the service and upgrade, or do I have to send it back to the factory for that?

regards,

Harry
Old 11-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: fuel valve, and servicing

Hi Harry,

On the engine, I'm not sure what your local service capabilities are. I'd suggest contacting Rob Rowbotham, "RobRow" here on RCU. I believe he's still a PST dealer (and a nice guy too). [link=http://www.pstjets.com/dealers.html]PST Dealers[/link]

The engine will require a new exhaust cone, and a few other internal changes depending on the serial number. There's an advantage in sending it back to the guys in Thailand though, as they'll be able to upgrade the ECU at the same time. The old CPU will work fine with the R version, using V2.34 and earlier. 2.36 and onward will require the new CPU. 2.36 is essentially the same as 2.34, except written for the new platform. 2.37 incorporates the latest features like the glitch counter and fail-safe shut down delay adjustment. that being said, if the hardware changes can be made in the UK you might also be able to upgrade the ECU through Martin Forrest.

As for the solenoid operation, the TEMS unit does not have solenoid driving capability. I'd suggest using a 3rd party device such as [link=http://www.intairco.net/default.asp?MenuOpen=p7menu5&page=product&cat=5&subcat=182&id=682]this one[/link] from Intairco. The only downside is that in a failsafe condition (assuming you set the radio's F/S to shut down), this solenoid will likely shut down the engine immediately, regardless of any ECU delay settings. It should alleviate any concerns about wet starts from accidentally leaving the ball valve open though.

Kelly