Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

PST contact?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 02:08 PM
speedbrake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PST contact?

Docyates,
I emailed Todd and asked about the PST600 FOD screen. He said he was told the P60 screen will fit the PST600; which I'll assume means he doesn't have PST screens. Any PST owners out there using the P60 screen on their 600R? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Keith
Old 02-19-2007, 02:39 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is the one I got from him. It is the same screen. He told me the same thing. It works fine. I have used it for two years, no FOD. It basically is a small screen with the rubber O-ring which holds it in place. Have never had a problem with it. Certainly has never affected the performance of my engine. I have used it on a Reaction 54, with the engine mounted on the outside, and on a Panther with the engine mounted inside (no bypass).
Tommy
Old 02-19-2007, 02:52 PM
speedbrake

Thanks, I've seen the P60 screen and it looks to be well made.

Kelly, haven't heard from you concerning a PST screen. Do they provide one? I went to their website but nothing is mentioned. If not, I'll go with the P60 screen.

Keith
Old 02-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've sent off an email about pricing and availability, no response yet. I'll PM you when I hear back.

Kelly
Old 01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
speedbrake

Kelly,
I have a fuel plumbing question for you. What is the best method to plumb a two tank plus UAT system?

I use a taxi tank and it is hooked up to my single tank fuel system clunk to vent. A diagram in the PST manual shows a two tank system hooked up with both clunk lines in series to the UAT. It seems both ways work but which one is the best? Is the purpose of a clunk series hook up to draw fuel evenly from both tanks and maintain a even weight distribution?

Thanks,
Keith
Old 01-27-2008, 08:46 PM
B777

Hi Keith,

Plumbing 2 fuel cells to an UAT can be done in series or parallel. We have done both with no problem.

Parallel works well with 2 cells on either side of the airplane, fuel will be drawn evenly resulting in good balance. Series work well with tanks forward or aft of one another. Fuel can be drawn from aft fuel cell first to minimize CG shifting condition (more importantly if the CG moves aft).

Regards,
Kraivuth S.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:46 AM
speedbrake

Thanks Kraivuth,
I think I've been using the terms parallel and series backwards. If I understand your answer correctly, side by side tanks would be hooked up clunk to UAT (parallel) and tanks positioned fore and aft would be connected clunk to vent (series).

I'm installing a tank on each side of the turbine on a new model...previously I've only used a single tank. So, I not used to plumbing for two tanks.

Cheers,
Keith
Old 04-14-2008, 08:44 AM
speedbrake

Kelly,
I need a new PST600 ECU battery pack. Let me know the price and I''ll provide an address. Also, from a previous conversation about a PST600R a gentleman had problems with and sold to me last summer, you wanted me to run the engine with my ECU. This is a brand new engine that is emitting flames from the tail pipe. The engine has never been flown because of the problem stated. Once I try using my ECU and the problem persist, what is the next step? You mentioned the possibility of clogged ejectors. Can you rememdy the problem or does the engine need to go to the factory? Should the change of ECU cure the problem can I obtain another one on warranty or will I have to pay for the exchange?
Thanks,
Keith
Old 04-14-2008, 09:48 AM
B777

Hi Keith, Kelly is no longer representing PST.

Make sure that you use J600R ecu to run another J600R. The TEMS ecu is specific for each engine type. We need more info on your set-up and starting sequences before going into the ejectors clogging which is unlikely.

I believe that you should be able to find an ecu replacement battery easily. ECU battery pack is 7.2V NiCad (1800mAh+) or 7.4V LiPo (2500mAh+).

Regards,
Kraivuth S.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:39 AM
speedbrake

Thanks Kraivuth,
I think you were also involved with the engine in question. I''ll try my ECU and see what happens although the factory exhanged the ECU before. The gentleman I obtained the engine from wasn''t all that knowledgeable so hopefully things will work out.

Keith
Old 11-04-2008, 05:16 PM
speedbrake

B777
I returned a turbine for service on the 15th of Sept. Just wondering if the package has arrived. [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks,
Keith Lindsay
Old 11-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

B777 was out of town last night, I'll make sure I ask the factory today for you. You may hear from B777 anyway.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

ORIGINAL: speedbrake

B777
I returned a turbine for service on the 15th of Sept. Just wondering if the package has arrived. [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks,
Keith Lindsay
Hi Keith; Just checked with the factory. Your engine arrived on Oct 29th, 2008. I think you meant to say you sent it on Oct 15th?..

The factory will take care of your engine and they will send you an itemised repair cost list. Let them know what you would like done...

IF you have any other questions, please email/pm me or B777...