Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
 Fuel Solenoid Option >

Fuel Solenoid Option

Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

Fuel Solenoid Option

Old 09-10-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Solenoid Option

PST is now offering Fuel Solenoid function for all new engines. This feature is also available for retrofit to all previous TEMS controllers. The feature incorporates state-of-the-art technology and fully functional during priming and operation. This is a safety enhancement in addition to the manual shutoff valve to avoid engine flooding during fueling or transportation. During operation, the fuel valve will be opened and closed when there is a shutdown or fault command from the TEMS.

We are offering this added feature with JetTronics fuel valve for $80 and $100 for retrofit (excluding shipping charges). Please contact us or your nearest dealer for more information.

Regards,
Kraivuth S.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:55 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Solenoid Option

Excellent news, the one problem I have with my 600 is forgettting to shut the valve during fuelling and getting a wet start.

H
Old 09-11-2006, 06:04 PM

B777,
What does this retrofit require us to return our turbine/ECU to your company? Please explain procedure required to obtain the retrofit.

Thanks,
Speedbrake
Old 09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I handle the ECU mods for PST North America, although the 1st shipment of upgrade parts hasn't arrived yet.

All I'll need is your ECU, but I usually request that customers send me their data terminal also.

Kelly
Old 09-11-2006, 11:32 PM

Modification for Fuel Solenoid function involves addition of a small circuit board. This added board is well confined inside the TEMS and from users' point of view, all operation procedures remain the same. The new board connects and controls the fuel solenoid valve during operation. We supply and recommend JetTronic fuel valve which is a fail-closed type, meaning that the valve is closed when there is no power. Connection is via JR type connector similar to the RPM sensor but the two wires are color coded and easily differentiated. You can, however, use any off-the-shelf fuel solenoid valve with similar specification to JetTronic valve.

There is no software change required for V2.38 (J600R) and V3.38 (J1300R) TEMS. However, we encourage that you send both TEMS and GDT in during modification in order to receive the latest software versions. There is no change to V2.38 TEMS for J600R but we have new V3.39 TEMS for J1300R. No significant changes are visilble to users, the changes featured factory level monitoring and analysis enhancements. In addition, we have the latest GDT V2.25. Eventhough this V2.25 version is most beneficial for J1300R V3.39 TEMS, it would be beneficial to have your GDT reprogrammed during the modification.

Important: Please note that all GDT with V2.21 and later remain fully compatible with all TEMS, including the new V3.39.

The new boards and JetTronic valves are being shipped to Kelly for those wishing to add this enhancement. This option is available with all new engines.

Regards,
Kraivuth S.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:48 AM

Simple installation. Just connect the solenoid valve. Note that the other similar JR end is the rpm sensor but the wires are totally different.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25115.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	523870