Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
 Fuel Pump line routing? >

Fuel Pump line routing?

Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

Fuel Pump line routing?

Old 11-22-2006, 10:57 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump line routing?

I have a J600R and the fuel pump I have does not look like the one in the manual. It has an aero pointing to one of the lines. Is this the fuel line that goes to the turbine? (and this is where my manual shut off valve will also go) Or does the aero line go to the header tank? I would think that the line with the aero pointing to it would go to the turbine.
Thanks,
Mario
Old 11-22-2006, 11:43 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Pump line routing?

The arrow designates the direction of fuel flow, so it points to the nipple that you connect the turbine's fuel line to.

The position of the manual shut off valve is a personal preference thing really. Either side of the pump will work and have the desired effect, but I prefer to place it on the pressure side (between he pump and engine) due to the fact that the o-ring seals in all Festo style connectors are designed to work under pressure. They will usually work on a net vacuum circuit, but you're always running some risk of drawing air.

Kelly
Old 11-22-2006, 12:36 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Pump line routing?

Thanks so much Kelly!