Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
 Auto Gas Canister >

Auto Gas Canister

Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

Auto Gas Canister

Old 09-15-2008, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Gas Canister

Hi all

I am struggling to get any worthwile liquid gas into the gas canister that came with my 1300R. I do all the usual tricks - plug line into the Y piece that is within 25 mm of the canister, invert my gas bottle and open the valve. You can see the liquid start to flow but it almost stops immediately. I then put the 1300 into start, gas lights off and then runs out almost straight away.

I use the same gas bottle with small alloy canisters in my other jets without any problems. Is there a particular secret??

Experiance is what you get when you don't get what you expect
Old 09-15-2008, 06:42 AM
My Feedback: (135)

Default RE: Auto Gas Canister

I've never has any luck using those tiny bottles with my J600R.

I eliminated the on board canister and just keep my Powermax can hooked up INVERTED (there is a clunk in these and it will give liquid to the engine if held upright) until ist starts.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:06 AM

Yeah, I just hooked up my gas bottle (upright - no clunk) and fired her up straight away. Just can't seem to use their bottle as per design. Guess I will just stick to the standard alloy canisters as per my other planes.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:06 AM

Please make sure that the small gas canister is colder than the filling bottle. To ensure that you have a good temperature difference is by partly filled the canister then emptied it quickly, this will definitely cooled the canister. Now you should be able to successfully fill the canister with liquid propane/butane mix. I can do at least 2 starts on J600R.

On a very cold day, you may need to keep the filling bottle under your coat to keep it warm.

Please try again.
Kraivuth S.
PST Jets
Old 04-18-2009, 06:21 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I am having the exact same problem with my J600R. How does the air in the cannister escape when filling with propane? I went to an alloy can from Dreamworks with no improvement. No problems with other installations until this one with it's long gas line to a turbine on a pylon at the tail. Probably able to start with less gas on the shorter runs. My home uses propane and when it is filled, there is an escape valve for the air. The air has to go somewhere! If using a checkvalve, it can't get out. If I connect the powermax to the valve, no problem.