Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
 J1300R Oil requirements >

J1300R Oil requirements

Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

J1300R Oil requirements

Old 05-22-2009, 03:17 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J1300R Oil requirements

Iam wondering if anyone can tell me if Shell 560 turbine oils is safe to use with my PST J1330R ? Ihave to special order the Shell 500 but can get the 560 locally.</p>
Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 PM

Default RE: J1300R Oil requirements

Shell 560 is OK for PST Turbines.

Some specifications of AeroShell Turbine Oil 560:

"A third generation 'low coking' 5 centistoke synthetic hindered ester lubricating oil. It incoporates advanced additive technology and a fine balance of additives to resist the high temperatures generated by turbine engines. These carefully selected components result in a product which greatly reduces the deposits caused by high temperature conditions and improves overall engine performance. The balanced blend of additives also improves the thermal and oxidational stability. </p>

The outstanding high temperature and oxidation stability of AeroShell Turbine Oil 560 is due to the natural properties of the synthetic hindered ester base fluid used. These fluids are clean running in that they tend to dissolve varnish and sludge rather than leave deposits on working surfaces.</p>AeroShell Turbine Oil 560 was developed essentially to meet the high temperature requirements of both modern engines and future models. Higher operating temperatures and pressures, improved engine performance and lower maintenance practices have resulted in increased severity in lubricant operating conditions."

More info here: http://www.shell.com/home/content/av..._01281434.html

Cheers,
Kraivuth S.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:37 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: J1300R Oil requirements

Thank you very much for the information..