Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
Reload this Page >

PST Composite Reaction ARF, Model Airplane Directive No. 3

Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

PST Composite Reaction ARF, Model Airplane Directive No. 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:13 PM
B777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PST Composite Reaction ARF, Model Airplane Directive No. 3

Subject: PST Composite Reaction ARF, Model Airplane Directive No. 3

One of customer flown Reaction ARF exhibited a left wing leading edge split. The jet was flown for more than 35 flights with 16kgs thrust turbine. The wing leading edge may not have been bonded strong enough to handle this large turbine. Affected Reaction ARF will be those produced before 2009 with serial number 100 and below. As a precuation, we would like all owners of the Reaction ARF to inspect the wing leading edge bonding and perform the following:

1. If weak spot or splitting is found, seal the leading edge with Hysol or similar epoxy.
2. Place 2" wide tape or stickers along the wing leading edge.

The above procedures will prevent leading edge from splitting in flight.

Thank you for your attention and regards,
PST Jets Thailand

Old 08-19-2009, 05:12 AM
oistein
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: PST Composite Reaction ARF, Model Airplane Directive No. 3

It's a real pitty i did not saw this before. Left wing split in the air after about 90 flights using a PST1300R turbine. SO this one is for real guys. My serial number is: R0026.

The result can be seen below. It's a real pitty as i really loved my composite reaction.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88891.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1259077  
Old 11-15-2023, 09:32 PM
fiberpro
My Feedback: (5)

I know this is an old thread but I am just now assembling my PST Reaction. I have serial #0034. When I inspected the wing bonds I found a lot of places that had 1/4" gaps between the ribs and the wing skin. there were even more places with gaps than with a sturdy bond. I spent 2 days on each wing panel using custom made wire tools to get aeropoxy where it needed to be to fix these issues. I strongly feel the this was so bad that the wing would have disintegrated in very short time. This was an unacceptable issue. I highly recommend to check these areas if you have an older serial number kit. I also made wheel well walls to close off the wheel well area from any air getting in and pressurizing the wing. I even sealed off the area between the retract mount wood to the wing skin where the landing gear struts are. This will seal off the wing from any air getting in during flight. Just extra insurance. plus it looks really nice too. Clear Skies

Last edited by fiberpro; 11-15-2023 at 09:34 PM. Reason: spelling