RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   PST Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/pst-jets-164/)
-   -   PST600R Fails to begin start sequence (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/pst-jets-164/11244419-pst600r-fails-begin-start-sequence.html)

speedbrake 09-28-2012 06:56 PM

PST600R Fails to begin start sequence

Hello,
My PST 600R has been sitting since being overhauled at the factory. I finally installed it in a new plane. It will not start...no warnings present on the TEMS before start attempt. After pushing start enable...nothing happens for four or five seconds and then "step failed" shows on the TEMS. There is an asterisk in the number five position after start attempt.

Any other things I should be looking for? All plugs are correctly connected...battery is charged.

I noticed the manual says there is a TEMS reset function...how do I access it?

Keith

fw190pilot 09-28-2012 08:20 PM

RE: PST600R Fails to begin start sequence

Did you relearn the radio to the turbine?

speedbrake 09-29-2012 06:03 AM

190pilot.. Yes the radio and ECU have been mated. The only component I can't see or get to right now is the propane valve. I will take everything apart this evening and check it. Other than that...I've gone over everything several times.

Interesting....I have a new Super 8 Futaba and it comes out of the box ready for a helicopter. I had to change the settings for every plane I have...it now has six planes on it. Also, the transmitter has to be changed to the 7 channel setting for the receivers I have...otherwise they won't work. But I doubt all this has something to do with the turbine not starting.

My turbine requires Futaba radios to reverse the throttle channel before use...that has been done. The frustrating thing is this turbine has been refreshed at the factory...so naturally I expect it to be running with no issues.

More to come...

Keith

fw190pilot 09-29-2012 06:37 AM

Might not be your issue but a friends PST 600 ECU doesn't like 5 cell rx packs. It will not start or do anything when the rx pack is fresh off the charger. Try a 4 cell rx battery and see if that helps.

speedbrake 09-30-2012 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok.....I changed the radio, the TEMS, the battery pack, and even changed the propane valve. Nothing has helped so far. I'm stuck. I will change turbines. It won't help the current condition but I will be able to move on with the project.

Help PST! This turbine should be running.

Keith

smitty1001 09-30-2012 06:50 PM

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but I have the same motor and after having to deal with all the old "features" I ditched it for the ver10 FADEC from Gaspar - easy to set up and tidys up the install as well! The 600 is much happier with it's new brain!

speedbrake 10-04-2012 03:01 PM

I replaced the engine with another PST600R. Using the same transmitter, receiver and TEMS as before, the engine started with no problem. So, there is obviously a problem with the ECU or the wiring. This engine has just returned from the factory. Is there a factory representative in the United States or Canada that can look over the turbine and ECU?

Also, I need to replace a propane valve and need the pig tail as well.

cheers,
Keith

speedbrake 10-08-2012 11:13 AM

Well...........I assumed that PST read this thread and responded. I can read they did in the past. So...PST, what should be done with the non-starting PST600 turbine? Is there a North American representative that can fix it?

thanks

Speedbrake