Notices
Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing Discuss all your rc pylon racing here!

rc univere

Old 06-29-2015, 05:22 PM
DHULEN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc univere

What happened here
Old 06-29-2015, 07:01 PM
delateurj

Stuff.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:10 PM
FlyWheel

...and things.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:26 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by DHULEN
What happened here
Duane,

I think a little history will shed some light on that.

Marc Vigod started RCU in 1999 or 2000. I set up the http://PylonWorld.com web site in that time frame. I got Marc to add the PylonWorld section to RCU. I was the leading referral member before they went from the old software to the new forum software. I added Dave Norman and Bill Vargas as moderators in 2002.

In 2003 I founded http://RCPRO.org in 2003 with Dan Kane Jr, Tony Pacini, Paul Herman, and Ed Smith. In 2003-2004, I developed forums for RCPRO.

In 2004 or 2005, Dave Norman got pissed off that I was running my own forums and was cross posting to the forums. He and Bill got my PylonWorld id here banned and the name was changed to Pylon Universe. So I did not participate for a couple of years.

I was allowed back on in 2006 under my own name. Club 40 was getting going in that time and I was very active here. The forums started booming again.

Later on I added Facebook pages in the earlier days of the Facebook boom. The pages I created on Facebook started getting a lot of traffic. They tend to be more civil. Some of the arguments in these forums turned people off. I will not name names, but a couple of people attacked me here. So I basically stopped contributing. My posts generated a lot of traffic.

I'm trying to get things going here again, especially in the Club 40 section. I hope the forums will get active once again.

I'm not saying that I am the most important contributor, just that people liked my posts in general and a lot of comments and a lot of good came of the conversations I started.

Let's get these forums active again.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:58 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

One other thing that has had an impact is that Dan Kane, Jr is doing a great job with the NMPRA and he got Scott Smith and Bernie Vanderleest to work on the NMPRA web site. Scott has the forums running much better than A.J. did and people from the NMPRA are focused on those forums.