Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Glo Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 05:01 PM
SmokinJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glo Drivers

Can anyone comment on using the RCATS Glo Driver (advertised at http://www.rcatsystems.com) for starting Q40 engines?

I'm looking for a spare glo driver for Nelson and Glo Bee plugs for Q40 and all I can find on the web are Darrol's glo drivers and the RCATs unit.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:34 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Glo Drivers

the RCATS unit works very well with Q40, been using mine for years. Just get the protective sleeve.

The LIPO life is awesome, only charge a couple times a year and its probably too often.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:03 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't feel like spending the $100+ on either the Rcats or the Radio South unit. So I made my own unit using a single 1500 Mah lipo cell.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17030.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	1521787  
Old 10-31-2010, 12:09 AM
zedad71
My Feedback: (1)

I have a RCATS system, I have installed a Deans connector inline with the plug clip so that I can switch between the clip for racing and the standard coupler for my stunt stuff. I love this ignitor. The leds help me know the amount of prime in the motor and verify a good plug as well. I charge it a couple times a year, just because,,, but its never NOT started my motor