Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

Correct way to install Futaba 2.4 617 rx

Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Correct way to install Futaba 2.4 617 rx

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Ed Sabini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correct way to install Futaba 2.4 617 rx

Hello,
I have never built a Q-500 before and I am finishing up a Vortex I had bought last year for 424 racing. Can someone please tell be the best way to install a Futaba 2.4 617 receiever and how to orientate the two little antennas. Pictures would be GREAT

Thank you
Ed
Old 06-18-2011, 06:05 PM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Correct way to install Futaba 2.4 617 rx

For the receiver mounting, I would just use Velcro.
For the antennae. They need to mount 90 degrees to each other. Look at them and you will see a "silver tip" sticking out the end of the wire. Those tips are the actual antennae and are what should be 90 degrees to each other. the coated wire between the receiver and the tip is not so important as to how it runs.

Many (including me) glue a piece of drinking straw or fuel tube to the fuse and run the antennae inside that. I like to have the actual antenna part sticking out of the tube but have been told it makes no real difference.

I just went out to take a photo but my camera battery is flat. Will charge it up and post one later if nobody else has posted a photo in the meantime.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Correct way to install Futaba 2.4 617 rx

I simply use a piece of scotch tape.

Kurt