Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

Glen Spickler's "Quickie-500" Laser Cut Kit

Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Glen Spickler's "Quickie-500" Laser Cut Kit

Old 01-12-2020, 10:16 AM
mchipkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glen Spickler's "Quickie-500" Laser Cut Kit

Just released Jan 2nd, 2020 - Spickler's Quickie 500 Laser Cut Kits - I've seen several attempts in the not too distant past for updated versions of Glen Spickler's Quickie-500 kit. Most attempts seemed to "die-on-the-vine" for any variety of reasons - mostly due to cost prohibitive manufacture that goes into the kits. Well - here we go again! Instead of asking who might be interested, or taking surveys, etc - all of which seemed to add to the confusion - we just went ahead and have completed our laser cut version. We retained the ALL WOOD design, built-up wing (not foam core), and modified internal structural elements to make it both easier and quicker to build (not that it wasn't already an easy build!).

We released three levels of kits - each progressively more complete - from a Short Kit through a Full Kit to a "Full Kit PLUS". Although I prefer RCU as the place to document the build and retain the documents, I have not been able to save the documents here - likely a bad setting on our computer system. If the docs don't load (full plans pdf, various jpegs showing the finished product and kit parts, and related information - we have also built a "Quickie 500 Build Group" on Facebook. It contains an extensive FILE section - including the full size 36X48" plans, instructions, history documents, and an ALBUM section documenting the build - with lots of pics and descriptive info.

The FB Group also has details as to what is included in each kit, what is also necessary to complete the Short Kit, and how to get your hands on one of them! Check it out!
Old 01-12-2020, 10:25 AM
mchipkin

Default Quickie-500 Plans - Full Size

This is another attempt to upload the Full Size Plans
Attached Files
Old 01-13-2020, 05:59 AM
RACE 66

Default There's Interest Out There.....

Excellent endeavor ! Take a look at this link that I posted last September on another site. The few and proud are still out there, if only....

Link: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s-A-Discussion

Mike
Old 01-13-2020, 06:12 AM
mchipkin

Hi Mike - Yes - checked your link and your perspectives. Maybe there can and will be some interest going forward - it has to be restarted somewhere. The reason I used FB as a focal point for the Quickie 500 Build Group is because a much broader audience can be reached - especially those that never thought of getting into the hobby, We'll see how it goes! Did you have the opportunity to check out the Group posts and albums? I still can't get links to work on RCU at my end, so a FB search on "Quickie 500 Build Group" would get you there.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:33 AM
mchipkin

Default Kits Back In Stock And Ready To Ship

Originally Posted by mchipkin View Post
Just released Jan 2nd, 2020 - Spickler's Quickie 500 Laser Cut Kits - I've seen several attempts in the not too distant past for updated versions of Glen Spickler's Quickie-500 kit. Most attempts seemed to "die-on-the-vine" for any variety of reasons - mostly due to cost prohibitive manufacture that goes into the kits. Well - here we go again! Instead of asking who might be interested, or taking surveys, etc - all of which seemed to add to the confusion - we just went ahead and have completed our laser cut version. We retained the ALL WOOD design, built-up wing (not foam core), and modified internal structural elements to make it both easier and quicker to build (not that it wasn't already an easy build!).

We released three levels of kits - each progressively more complete - from a Short Kit through a Full Kit to a "Full Kit PLUS". Although I prefer RCU as the place to document the build and retain the documents, I have not been able to save the documents here - likely a bad setting on our computer system. If the docs don't load (full plans pdf, various jpegs showing the finished product and kit parts, and related information - we have also built a "Quickie 500 Build Group" on Facebook. It contains an extensive FILE section - including the full size 36X48" plans, instructions, history documents, and an ALBUM section documenting the build - with lots of pics and descriptive info.

The FB Group also has details as to what is included in each kit, what is also necessary to complete the Short Kit, and how to get your hands on one of them! Check it out!
We have the Spickler Quickie 500 kits in stock and ready to ship. All details are on how to get your hands on one of these new laser cut kits are in the above "quote" . Local pickup is also available zip 13114, Mexico, New York (yes - there is a Mexico in New York!)
Old 02-02-2020, 06:30 AM
mchipkin

Glen Spickler 1972 version - CAD Drawn and Laser Cut - Quickie 500 - all wood construction - built-up wing - Build details, photos, and albums with construction photos can be found in this Facebook Group = [ www.facebook.com/groups/quickie500/ ]. The details on howw to get the kits are found in the FILE section of the group. You can also message me for more details. We have these ready to ship. Short kits and Full Kits available.