Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Landing Gear post missing

Old 10-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Jerry Knols
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landing Gear post missing

Hello,
I was following a post on here regarding the composite landing gear. Where did it go? I have a few of these gear for almost 6 months and no one ever complained about me using them. Does this mean that I am now going to have a problem using them next year?

Jerry
Old 10-26-2003, 11:39 AM
Ed Smith

Default RE: Landing Gear post missing

I was directly involved in that thread. It went from somewhat light hearted to a little hostile. I am guessing the moderator removed it.

I have no argument with that.

The manufacturer of these composite gears checked with the contest board and was told there is not a problem. This may or may not be disputed. I have made a suggestion to a member of the contest board that the rule wording be changed to allow the use of composite L.G.s. I would doubt that they would be protested.

I make the following suggestion. Ignore what anybody else has argued. Read the rule for yourself and act according to your own honest interpretation of it.

Ed S
Old 10-26-2003, 11:45 AM
PylonWorld
Banned

It was removed by a moderator because of the commercial nature of the original posting and because the discussion had devolved into some comments of a personal nature.

I was not the moderator that moved it. I now know more about "flat stock" than I did before, though.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:13 PM
Lewis S.
My Feedback: (229)

Hi Jerry,
Don't worry , no one will give you a hard time about using them, that was taken care of before I ever sold the first one last year. Ed's point is well taken, that the rule could be rewritten so that it is not open to interpretation.

Lewis
Old 10-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Jerry Knols
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Lewis,
Thanks for the reassurance on the gear. I love them and I would hate to see them go away. It is the first time I went all year on one gear with them looking like a pretzel. Flying off of grass is hard on gear. Check your mail, sent you a request a little bit ago.

Jerry