Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

RealFlight G2 Add-Ons #5 with Viper

Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

RealFlight G2 Add-Ons #5 with Viper

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 06:53 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RealFlight G2 Add-Ons #5 with Viper

Has anybody gotten the new RF G2 Add-ons Volume 5 with the Viper yet?

If so, how is it?
Old 12-26-2003, 01:42 AM
driftair
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: RealFlight G2 Add-Ons #5 with Viper

Hi Don,

The following has been my experience with RealFlight Add-Ons Volume Five.

To begin with RealFlight was running with some hesitation while flying, with several

background programs running, and Add-Ons 3 & 4 installed. Then I installed Add-Ons Volume

Five.

RealFlight began to lockup upon startup.
I closed all programs before opening RealFlight. This allowed realflight to open without

immediately locking up the system. Some planes would fly but trying to fly any jet would

lock up the system. I began to eliminate all special features of RealFlight. Got the

BearCat to move at the pace of a snail. Continued to Eliminate all features of RealFlight

not needed to get a plane flying. Finally got the BearCat to fly. Tried to fly the Double

Whammy and system crashed forcing a restart of the system.

Disabled unnecessary processes as well.
Photo Field used, Terrain Density set to Low, Airport Objects etc eliminated.
Trees & Airport items eliminated, Collisions eliminated, No recordings in use.

Double Whammy still crashing system. It does roll about 1/2 way down the runway before

everything locks up. When It locks up the system must be restarted, nothing responds after

the system locks up.

Operating System: Windows XP PRO
Pentium 4 CPU 1.70 GHz, 1.69Ghz
256MB of RAM

Screen Resolution 1024 X 768
Color Quality Medium 16 bit
Normal 96 DPI
Graphics Card Geforce2 Pro 64mb
Refresh rate 60 Hertz
Hardware Acceleration set to all Direct3D, Draw, and DirectX.

Advanced Performance settings:
Processer Scheduling: Set to Favor Programs
Memory Usage: set to favor Programs

Hum, well this is one hungry beast!

I have ordered a new video card with 256mb ram. A costly expenditure. . .
Suppose I may have to purchase more ram as well?

In short, I would guess that Add-Ons 5 is not likely to be suitable for many computer

systems.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:13 AM
mrjbernard

ORIGINAL: Cyberglued

In short, I would guess that Add-Ons 5 is not likely to be suitable for many computer

systems.
I've got a similarly powered/memoried computer and have no problems running any of the add-ons. I currently have #3 and #5 installed.

PylonWorld - I tried out the Viper, as well as many of the other included models (Osprey is a real kick!). I recommend this add-on highly.

MrJB
Old 12-26-2003, 10:17 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

I am not running add ons vol #5, but I have the first 3 on a machine about as half as capable as yours with no problems. I would have to guess there is something else going on here, you machine should not have a problem running this.
Old 12-27-2003, 04:40 PM
driftair
My Feedback: (4)

Was not able to get the issue resolved simply.
I have another computer which I am setting up. It has an AMD and have installed a radeon 9600 pro 256mb ram video card into, I will have 512mb ram on it.
Hopefully everything will work well on it.
Have not figured out what the problem was caused by but if it works on the other computer I will settle for that.
Will let you know what the results are.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:43 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Cyberglued, I know early on in XP there were a lot of issues with graphics cards and drivers. You might check into the latest updates for XP. I'm still running Win ME but have a new system due in next week which will have XP on it. I'm a bit concerned about getting it to work as well as it does on this system. I'm even running without the CD via Virtual CD.
Good Luck,,,basmntdweller
Old 01-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Per_N

Cyberglued I sugest you to re-install your OS. That will probably solve your problem.
And use Nvidia:s Detonator drivers.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:51 PM
IRLJR
My Feedback: (37)

Could some of you folks with the Real Flight G2 please post your comments/opinions about the program. Especially interested in the pylon racing portion. Likes, dislikes,realism. etc.
Have been considering purchase--but have not seen this program or any other simulator.
Thanks in advance.
IRL
Old 01-11-2004, 06:15 AM
Per_N

ORIGINAL: IRLJR

Could some of you folks with the Real Flight G2 please post your comments/opinions about the program. Especially interested in the pylon racing portion. Likes, dislikes,realism. etc.
Have been considering purchase--but have not seen this program or any other simulator.
Thanks in advance.
IRL
The first thing I have in mind is the width of what you see is too small. You don't see pylon #2 and #3 until you already passed them. And you have too fly very low otherwise you don't see them at all. Maybe there is some parameter too adjust this, but I haven't tried so much.
Maybe someone else is knowing how to fix this?
Regards Per
Old 01-16-2004, 03:14 AM
stregaracer007

Well I just got it last week and it runs perfectly on my machine. It loaded right up and I had it going in about 5 minutes. I'm running an Athlon 1.6, 512 DDRAM, GF4 Ti4400 128 and Win XP Pro.

The Viper is pretty good, but I had to tone it down a bit to get it to feel right. I added more expo and reduced control throws. I didn't like the color scheme a repainted the plane white with red using Photostudio 2.0. Very simple to do. Just make a copy of the plane, open it with Photostudio and then pick a color, use the paint bucket fill and pour away. Save and then return to G2.

I also downloaded the G2 aircraft, engines and pylon course from Don's site and that is working great. I like the way thiscourse looks and you don't have to wait for the count down like the G2 pylon event. The yellow fence along the pits is a great visual reference to line up the far pylon. I also put the QM40 engine on the Viper and then things really got exciting. A Q500 at QM40 speeds and sound. Yeehaa!