Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Jett Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 04:39 AM
lon53lhc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jett Engineering

I have tried to access Jetts web site, but I cannot get it to come up. I have tried several search engines. Does anybody know whats up?

Thanks, Lon
Old 05-09-2002, 05:11 AM
Tony Pacini

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jett website

www.jettengineering.com/
Old 05-09-2002, 05:17 AM
lon53lhc

Default Jett Engineering

Thanks T-Pacini, That was the url that my search engines were coming up with. I went ahead and clicked on your link, and it took quite some time but it did eventually come up. I probably did not wait long enough on my pervious tries.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:58 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default Jett Engineering

Sorry Lon....

Site sever was recently backed-up and replaced. Probably about the time you were trying to get on it. I try and do that sort of work on off hours when I can. Should work ok now

Bob
Old 05-19-2002, 08:14 PM
lon53lhc

Default Jett Engineering

Thanks Bob for the heads up. I just tried the link and it popped right up. I got to use the Jett tanker this morning and really liked it, so I am going to place an order for one today. Now all I need is the in-line fuel clips someone had done a post on and I will be able to get rid of the hemostat.

Lon
Old 05-20-2002, 12:30 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default Jett Engineering

NP Lon...

Glad the tanker worked out ok for you.

I have to get a few of those clips myself. Im still using a pair of tiny hemostats
Old 05-20-2002, 03:19 AM
lon53lhc

Default Jett Engineering

Bob, one question I do have is about the upgrade kit. Tech info said it made the operation of the tanker easier, so I went ahead and ordered it. I was not sure if it was designed for older units or is a true upgrade?

Thanks, Lon
Old 05-20-2002, 03:20 AM
PylonWorld
Banned

Default Jett Engineering

The Fuel Shutoff Clips are in this thread.]
Old 05-20-2002, 11:11 AM
splatt

Default tankers, shut-off's

I bought a jett tanker this spring and it's the new style, no extra parts needed, look inside the plunger and the crap trap will be stuffed down in it. I found a little self contained fuel shut off clip that clicks shut and clicks open.It slides over the fuel line and stays on. I can't remember the brand, but it was in the R/C car section of my LHS. Works great. I got two, one for the tanker and one for the plane
Old 05-20-2002, 11:40 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

Default Jett Engineering

Jesse,

That's a great idea using one on the tanker, too. Do you have it between the tanker and filter or between the filter and the pickup? Instead of trying to pinch off the tanker before you pull it off the tube, you can just slide the clip on the fuel line and the clip on the tanker at the same time. Love it.

The large clip from the KSJ Fuel Shutoff Clips is a perfect fit for the larger Jett Tanker tubing.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:41 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default clipping the tanker

Heres an idea for the tanker that I llike a lot better than using a clip and stole from Fred B (I pay attention to these guys).
Just use a fuel tee with a short piece of fuel tube wrapped around the tanker and plugged into the inline nipples. After each use just plug the fill line into the third nipple. Simple, neat, keeps the end of the line clean and keeps it from flailing around in the dirt or box.

John
Old 05-21-2002, 02:05 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

Default Jett Engineering

John,

That's a good idea, too.

I'll probably use both, because I like the idea of the fuel clip stopping the backwash from unplugging the tanker.

Dub has mentioned it, but I saw Travis Fly doing something that I will also be adopting. He fueled the airplane tank through a filter with tubing and fittings on the end, and a shutoff clip somewhere in the works

So, I will draw fuel into the tanker, clip it off and insert a piece of tubing with another crap trap inline the other way, and plug that into the fuel pickup line. After finishing, I will clip off the tanker and the pickup line, and disconnect from the pickup line. Then I can plug the whole tanker filter assembly into a T fitting with a short piece of tubing on the T.