Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Hitec Electron 6 Receiver

Old 06-21-2004, 04:54 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hitec Electron 6 Receiver

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has used the Hitec Electron 6 receiver in any quickies (428) or Q40's. From Hitec, I understand that the Electron is to be the replacement design for the Hitec 555 receiver. I have had very good service from the 555, but before that I used their 535 receiver. After a couple of crashes, I contacted their service department and they confirmed that the 535 had a problem with high vibration environments

Thanks for any commits

Bob.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:07 PM
splatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Electron 6 Receiver

I have 6 of the Electron 6 receivers on 428 and 422 and 424. No issues here. I practiced some 422 this past weekend with a electron 6 that I raced at the NATs last year with, went fine.

The only thing I don't like is how the crystal sticks out in the middle of the receiver. The 555 had the crystal tucked inside. The electron 6 has it sticking half wayout in the middle of the thing. I use some transparent tape to secure the crystal and be mindful of where that half of the crystal bumps into.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:07 AM
LuisCastillo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Electron 6 Receiver

i have one on my predator, you only have to eliminate the vibration, it works fine, but it is more sensitive to the interferences in some place than the futaba receivers, i experimented that in my last race, i crash my plane in the practice, it lost the signal, i change my receiver for the futaba with the same crystal, and i dont have more problems.

Luis