Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

THUNDERQUICKEE BY PAULS

Old 01-18-2005, 03:16 PM
T34RACING
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THUNDERQUICKEE BY PAULS

FOR MORGAN LOOKING FOR THESE AT SHELDONS, THERE ARE SEVERAL OF THESE AND DEKNIGHTS AT SHELDONS. THEY ARE IN THE BACK IN THE WAREHOUSE. I WORK RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER AND IF YOU CANT GET ONE FROM THEM, LET ME KNOW. I KNOW THEY DO NOT SHOW UP IN HIS INVENTORY LISTINGS ANYMORE BECAUSE I BOUGHT A PAULS MUSTANG FROM HIM AND HE HAD NO CLUE WHAT HE HAD FOR THEM.....

DONT SLAM HIM JUST BECAUSE OF ONE PHONE CALL...IF YOU NEED ONE AND CANT, LET ME KNOW MAYBE I CAN PICK ONE UP FOR YOU.....
Old 01-19-2005, 07:44 AM
David Hill
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: THUNDERQUICKEE BY PAULS

Hello,
Do you have any idea if he might have any of the old Prather Toni kits? I love those for fast sport flying?

Thanks,
David
Old 01-19-2005, 03:04 PM
T34RACING

NO PRATHER KITS...HAVE NOT SEEN THOSE LYING AROUND...JUST ALOT OF DEKNIGHTS.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:39 PM
HighPlains

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not much difference between the Prather Tony and Paul's Flying Stuff Denight kit. Most of the low wing F1 kits with bubble canopies look about the same, with a rather generic fiberglass fuselage.

You want a Tony? Take a Denight kit, trin the cores at the center so that the leading edge is straight, make new tail feathers and wing tips. Ta Da! You got a new 'lil Tony.

If you got a YS .45 RE engine and pipe, you will have the fastest sport airplane (140+) on your field that will still land with the engine running. And surprise, it will actually land rather slow on a 300 foot runway.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:42 PM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

Kevin,

Do you know how much he would sell a Denight kit for? I've always wanted one of these.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:37 PM
P. Johnson

I have always wanted to get my hands on 1 of the thunder quickee II. If you could share the info with me and how much they are selling for, I would be VERY interested.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
T34RACING

i checked today, they have 10 deknights and one thunderquickee kit. Ron did not know they were there, but i found them. The deknights had a price of $130 on them. The thunder Quickee did not have a price on it. Ron got busy , so I did not bother him...Just call up Sheldons Hobbies, tell him that you want one and he can send it to you....
Old 01-21-2005, 11:21 AM
DMyer

I still have my original Pauls Flying Stuff T-Quickie II... the parts that is as templates! I built a bunch for several years... with lighter wood. Might not be the fastest... but it sure was a smooth flyer! I might just build another some day with a more modern wing for 424.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:24 AM
P. Johnson

OK, I called SHELDONS and they said that they don't have any of the Thunder quickee's and havent had for years! [&o]
Apparently I am talking to the wrong person. DMyer, Is there any way you could copy the plans or atleast the fuse so I could bouild one myself?
And YES...these were very smooth flying planes....Lyle Larson also made a very good T-tail that flew almost identical to the TQ...I would give up some airspeed for concistantcy.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:51 PM
DMyer

I could probably work something out for you.... the plans that come with the plane are not full size... but the do give you a good idea of shapes and sizes. I will look for what I have and maybe I can xerox/mail it you with the instructiion book.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:03 PM
P. Johnson

just a copy at any size would be great, If you give me the length of the fuse and basic dimensions, i can enlarge the drawings to make the basic plane. Thanks
Old 02-13-2005, 11:10 AM
P. Johnson

Well i have searched everywhere that I can think of and still haven't come up with a set of plans for the Thunder quickie, If anyone has a set,could I PLEASE get a copy of them. I want to build one for 424 racing.
I did find a post in a sight with a picture of one. I'm not sure who this belonged to but they did a very nice job in construction, Hope you dont mind me using your picture.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75277.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	228752  
Old 02-13-2005, 11:25 AM
daven

That is the Sam-Rai by Sam San. He posts a bit, I'm sure he will answer, or Maybe Cole, I think he had one also.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:00 PM
StregaFlyer

Pete,

Let me go through some racing stuff that is up in the attic.. I know my brother was building a TQ and stopped building it.. I'm pretty sure we have the plans up there somewhere.. When I get a chance I'll get up there and look for the plans..
Old 02-15-2005, 07:12 PM
P. Johnson

I am waiting patiently with a bottle of CA in one hand and my Transmitter in the other . I guess this is why my wife is giving me strange looks .
I need a life!!!
NO....I need some plans []
Old 02-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Clark L

OK, Don't get too excited now but I just dug out instructions for a Thunder Quickie. There's eleven pages of text and 3 pages of drawings (letter size). The drawings are not at all to scale and don't show much. One wing panel and portions of the fuse and vertical construction. On top of that the drawings are poor copies and pretty hard to read. You may be able to reconstruct something that looks like the original but you might need to get a little creative in spots.

Let me know where and I'll send you everything I've got.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:26 AM
P. Johnson

E-mail me at
[email protected]
I will give you my address
Thanks wiz
Old 02-16-2005, 10:44 AM
DMyer

I'm sorry... I meant to get around to digging my stuff up for you but I have been so busy I haven't touched my stuff either.... like the man said.... the drawings are pretty useless... the instruction book is AOK though. If you like I will xerox the fuse/tail/former templates I have and mail those to you ASAP by next week. That with the instructions will get you going AOK. I would suggest using any modern wing airfoil and adjusting the saddle to fit.

Dan
Old 02-16-2005, 01:36 PM
P. Johnson

Wow Dan, That would be great. I know the airfoil is out dated but I like the general characteristics of the plane, plus I like to be different !
Old 02-16-2005, 04:19 PM
DMyer

For 424 it rocks.... I flew a very old one with my own wing design in 424(retired it from 428 years ago) last season and won a lot of heats and one race against some pretty good competion until one day it just couldn't survive the 3rd midair in one day! I have an good wing of the previous popular design prior to the 66-012 I intend to put on a new TQ T-Tail some day for 424 use and a 428 backup. May not be the very fastest design... but it sure does fly like it is on rails. For reference... my best 424 time with the T-Tail was a 1.22 vs 1.20 for my predator. I'll dig the stuff out tonight and waste some company time and material tomorow making copies. Just let me know were to mail it.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:30 PM
P. Johnson

Dan...E-mail me at
[email protected]

I will give you my address from there...Thanks
Old 02-16-2005, 10:29 PM
colesifer3d314
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: daven

That is the Sam-Rai by Sam San. He posts a bit, I'm sure he will answer, or Maybe Cole, I think he had one also.
Hey,

yea that is my Sam-Rai T-Tail...it is built by Sam San, and he does sell the kit, however we r in the process of doing some testing on the new T-Tail for 428 racing...talk to sammy for details on buying one of the t-tail kits..

Cole
Old 02-17-2005, 01:32 PM
P. Johnson

Cole, I appologise for posting a picture of your plane without your permission, I hope I havent offended you in any way.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Jimlime

I got a new just raced tai-pan by BRUCE DECHASTEL (hope I spelled his name right) for sell just got it after the Phoenix race, don't need it anymore since I got the V-Max 2 molds...
Old 02-18-2005, 02:45 PM
colesifer3d314
My Feedback: (9)

NO WAY AM I OFFENDED, i am glad that u like the airplane, it was a great flying machine...unfortunatly it was my first 428 bird and after its long lived 424 life it gave up to the 428 speed around pylon 1 [] will have another soon though!!

The Taipan Jim is talking about it awesome...i saw it at Winterfest, and it is a great airplane, and from what i saw, it flys real well also

Cole

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.