Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Viper 500 Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 06:51 AM
happyal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper 500 Series

Hi,

I belong to a small club in the middle of the Irish sea. I am trying to start up a pylon series using the Great Planes Viper 500 and a cheap wngine (thinking about an SC but any other thoughts are welcome). The idea behind the series is to get interest in pylon racing, fun racing and move up together.

My question is about the Viper air frame, s there any build threads on this plane? I know that it's a ARTF but I've been reading things about mods to the V-Tail, using a Jett bubbleless tank over the C of G, etc...

Any tips would be most useful.

Thank you and Kind Regards
Alastair
Old 04-07-2005, 09:27 AM
RANIERY
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Viper 500 Series

GOR ENGINE YOU WANT TO USE TT-40 PRO. IS ONLY 80 DOLLARS AND WILL SWING A 9-6 @ 16500 OR 17000 WITHOUT MODS.
AS FAR AS THE VIPER GOES I WOULD CHANGE THE WING BOLTS, THEY HAVE THE TENDENCY TO COME LOOSE DUE TO VIBRATION, THE WEELS NEEDS TO BE CHANCE FOR A JETT WEELS (THE STOCKS WILL COME LOOSE), U CAN USE THE STOCK TANK BUT A BUBBLESS TANK IS THE BEST WAY TO GO (NO AIR PROBLEMS), THE TAIL IS WEAK BUT IF YOU LAND EASE NEEDS NO MODS. THE FIREWALL ON THE FIRSTS MODELS WAS ANYTHING BUT STRONG (NEED TO REINFORCE OR GLASS IT OUTSIDE).