Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Seeker Kits

Old 01-22-2006, 08:24 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeker Kits

I have a run of Seeker kits coming in the next few weeks. If your interested, please email or PM me.

thanks,

Old 01-22-2006, 09:06 PM
[email protected]

Default RE: Seeker Kits

are you willing to send one kit to NEWZEALAND- I'll take one if there is no real hassle to you. i do know however that some manufacturers just can't be bothered with the hassle, please advise accordingly.
regards trevor henderson.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:53 PM
daven

I'm not really what I'd call a manufacturer. I'm just your basic racing guy that likes to help out others, I'm definately not doing this to retire early with umbrellas in my cocktails.

I'll check with my cutter on costs to New Zealand.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:06 PM
djlyon

Big trev

When you see one of Dave's fuselage kits you will understand he's not going to retire early, maybe late. They are works of art. The price I know that guys have paid for them out here tells me that Dave is working for at least (minus 3 bucks an hour).

Denis
Old 01-23-2006, 02:34 AM
[email protected]

Understand your comments, but I am ALWAYS prepared to pay very fairly..........can I/we help your retirement fund by paying into a benevolent fund! kind regards trevor h[:-]
Old 01-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Alabama Racer

Dave:
I want a Seeker kit. Tried to send you a PM but got a message that your box is full.
Let me know details of $$ and where to send payment....
Thank You
Brad Clayton
Old 01-23-2006, 01:57 PM
splatt

hey, I do have a .pdf copy over on rcgroups if you wish to copy and cut your own

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...40&postcount=4
Old 01-23-2006, 02:00 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Dave:

People like you are what makes this hobby what it is! Pardon my ignorance, but don't have any idea what a "Seeker" is. Will do a search.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:42 PM
daven

heres an older link with a couple of pictures of two planes I've built. The tail design has changed slightly, but everything else is pretty much the same.

http://www.lcsperformance.com/seeker/seeker.html

The mailbox is full, sorry. I will clean out the next couple of days.

Thanks,
Old 01-23-2006, 02:56 PM
daven

Some of that info on the site in regards to Bills wings is inaccurate. I am pretty sure he is no longer making the light wings, and not sure what the pricing is on his standard wings are thse days. I do know, he's the best value in the country, and makes a dang good wing.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Jim Wolfe

Hi Dave
Whats the story on Randy E's wings for the Seeker. Do they fit? At least close enough to pot in? I saw Lees post that they "bolt right on". That would be cool. Maybe I'll order a couple of those, if the price is right, for my part of the order I'm sending you Friday?? Maybe he could letter them Seek-R-200, and then he wouldn't feel so bad??
Jim Wolfe
Old 01-24-2006, 09:26 AM
daven

Not sure Randy wants to sell wings to the rest of the world, he puts a lot of work into them and they are very nice. I also knows he sells them at a discount locally to keep his planes under the local $200 rule. They do fit pretty darn good, the only difference between our airfoils are that he uses a full 10" chord, and I use a 9 3/4". My saddle will accomodate either pretty easily, I am not sure how how the bolt holes line up, but if Lee says they fit, I believe him. He's had several of each plane.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:30 AM
diggs_74

Jim,

The airfoil is the same just the chord is a little more on the R-200 wing(10" as opposed to 9.75" ) The TE comes back to the aft of the rear former so make sure you have the wing on and set before you put on the servo tray hatch... I've started cutting in my hatch a bit instead of just sanding it down to meet the wing.. Randy's wings have a very sharp TE so I think it looks nicer if you trim down the fuse sides to recess the hatch so it matches the TE... You'll see what I mean when you get that far.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:51 PM
daven

I just heard from Bill, who will be heading off to Bell Helicopter training tommorrow. He won't be able to get started on wings till some time in March.

If you want to pull your order, let me know. I hope to finallize the list by Sunday.

I also want to get a picture of the latest Seeker built up here, Dan Norlin built and covered it for me in trade for some kits, and it looks awesome. Can't wait to fly it.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:13 PM
diggs_74

That had to be the best "monocoat" job I've ever seen... It looks just about like it was painted. The arched landing gear really set it off too
Old 01-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Jim Wolfe

Hi Lee & Dave
Im still in for the kits, will be getting the last of the money from the rest of the guys Thursday. We'll be cutting some wings of our own anyways, I was just hoping that I could get a nice composit wing or two for 428 "away games" . I'll use the home made balsa/foam ones we make for our local 424 stuff. I guess I'll have to PM Randy and see if he's interested in making a few for "export". So Bills going to be busy with Bell heli training. Thats a RealFlight addon , isn't it?? Dave, Did you ever have any more of the glass wingtips made up? are they for the 66012 (modified) wing??
Jim Wolfe
Old 01-24-2006, 11:11 PM
daven

Theres a local guy that sells wingtips for my plane, but they are not cheap. I believe he charges $20 for a set (1 wing). They fit pretty good, but not perfect.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:27 PM
diggs_74

Jim, if you're looking for a composite wing the Bird of Prey wings fits perfect.. I called Lyle Larson and got one... It's not painted and I don't remember the cost right off hand but the fit is real nice.. I have a Seeker with the BofP wing and a Slingshot for my out of town racing if I ever get to any for quickie..
Old 01-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Jim Wolfe

Lee, your a wealth of mix-in-match info !! Now I know who to ask if this part will fit that part. I haven't been doing any SERIOUS racing since Form-1 self destructed. We got some of our club guys and a few of the othe guys from a few of the other clubs that were in the UPRC circuit, including, Ernie Nikodem and everybodys friend, Ed Smith, (HI Ed ) to start up some "club slow quickee .28 racing". It has now begun to expand into 424 TT40 racing, and some of us want to go WEST to Ohio and get into the 428 and Q-40 events running there. As usual, its taking time to get back up to speed on kits/airfoils/setup ect ect. But WERE GETTING THERE Much of that info has come from these forums, thank you guys! Now I know of at least two composit wings that will fit Daves Seeker. All I need to do now is find out what airfoil/chord all the OTHER composit kits are using and Ill be all set Thanks again Lee. I may look into those glass wingtips Dave. You say they "almost" fit perfectly. Can they be blended into your airfoil with a little work??
Thanks again guys
Jim Wolfe
Old 01-25-2006, 08:19 AM
daven

Yeah, they are not bad. Bill's wing chord can vary a little (roughly 1/8") but the tips are always the same size. The Bird of Prey, Vortex, and R200 all use basically the same airfoil. The Shotgun and Neme-Q use there own, not really sure what they are.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:12 AM
diggs_74

Well Jim, my mix and match info was gained from racing on a pretty tight budget when I first started a couple years ago... I've pretty much run Seekers the whole time and have built quite a few (went thru 5 last season [] ) and had to use what I had.. I learned pretty much everything from the few racing forums and the guys that I race with at the NCPL... I learned that if you have a question about anything to do with racing this is the place to air it...
Old 01-25-2006, 09:14 AM
splatt

Yo Jim.

"the almost fit part" is the trailing edge of the wing to the "C" bulkhead. With some wings the rear bulkhead is a 1/32 to a 1/16th too tall, because the trailing edge of the wing can be so skinny and flat the rear of the fuse almost appears taller than the rear of the wing.

otherwise the underside side is a direct match to the Vortex wing
Old 01-25-2006, 03:40 PM
clb

does anyome try to put a Great planes Viper 500 wing on a seeker fuse?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEVS1&P=Z
Claude
Old 01-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

The Viper wing could be made to work on a Seeker but the airfoil is quite a bit different. You would have to shim / pot the fuselage to match the wing. The Viper wing is also a bit heavy. Now if you want to use a Viper wing, check out the white one ..... it is $20 cheaper than the red one from Tower.

Much of the excess weight comes from the heavy solid balsa wingtips. If you remove them and hollow them, you can lose an ounce or two. With a little work and recovering, these can be pretty nice wings.

Roger S.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:21 AM
clb

Thanks Roger for your good suggestions.
I will look for glass wing tip or make them.
Surprising this cheaper price of the white one!
Claude.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.