Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

best setup speak out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 06:18 PM
DMUCOP
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best setup speak out!!!

This is great! keep it up.. More tips and hints... I like it all my wing templates are done I am. getting foam ready for a plug the ball is ready to start rolling!~
Old 07-18-2006, 09:57 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Dan,

Now that your back, what did you think of the Nats and the level of competition?

It was great meeting you and pitting together. Hope you make it next year.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:02 PM
DMUCOP

Well Dave,

The Nats was the the best! Some of the best fliers I have ever been around some of the best looking/flying planes. [:-]I learned a lot a WHOLE lot about what I need to do to become someone in the top ten. It will take some work and some practice but I will be a force to be reckoned with next year. [8D] Also the guys take I got to pit by and talk to were awesome!

I really did not what to leave I could have stayed there!

So Dave have you found the overall 428 scores yet?
Old 07-20-2006, 09:22 PM
daven

Yes, the level of competition is very stiff.

I haven't located a complete listing yet, but I am looking. Will forward as soon as possible.

I was worried we would wake up with Hitec bumper stickers on all of the vehicles

If you ever need the rest of that "powercat" wing, let me know, I have the wing tips put away in a safe place
Old 07-21-2006, 11:29 PM
SSAN

WOW! This post is very old, but it's still going. I haven't been here in a long time now, but it's nice to know the Q-500 forum is still alive and quite active indeed.

I got to say, Dave Norman's statements are very accurate to the all the information he provided. No biased except facts based on real world experience. The competition keep getting stiffer every years, but Randy Bridge keeps on raising the bar.

Hey Randy, congratulation on 2006 Q-500 NATs win, now take a vacation next year will you?
Just kidding!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:34 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DMUCOP -
Dan, I used to race with your Dad years back, when we were running several races a summer between KCRC, the Barnstomrers, and Wichita. Fun times.. Looking forward to meeting you one of these days around KC. I fly with the barnstormers, haven't raced in about 5 years - due to a divorce a few years back, and then a car wreck 3 yrs ago that kept me away from flying for a while. I've started flying again this summer, even doing a little Q500 practice with a rossi powered Nitro 500! Alas, after last weekend, the Nitro may not fly again...

gordon
Old 07-25-2006, 05:32 PM
P. Johnson

Dan and Gordon, The weak signals club is having two days of 424 racing this weekend . Its going to be fun !!
This will also be the first time we have had some of the Q40 sport planes together for some demo racing and testing[sm=sunsmiley.gif] probably 4 or 5 of us will have them there.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:17 AM
BUDMAN27

Woo wish I could be there to see those sport Q40,s race. I bet its going to be fun in the sun.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
DMUCOP

Hey gordon! I remember! I have Nitros for you one ready to fly and wings and fuses... I talked to Carl and I was going to go to Mead last weekend but weddings baby showers and all that other stuff came up! I am looking forward to see you guys and race some more the money belt is really really tight since the nats. But, I am ready. Lets get together and do some flying!

Hey storm give us a club link!