Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

hurrikane or seeker

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 09:51 PM
swindsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hurrikane or seeker

What is the difference between the HurriKane and Seeker? How do they compare to the Viper or predator for 424? My son flies the viper and Predator now in 424 Just wondering if there is an advantage to the kits over the ARFs

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2006, 06:47 AM
Super Splatter

Default RE: hurrikane or seeker

racing is a game of minimum mistakes. With an ARF you may be fighting the little things, maybe one side of the wing is funny, or the motor mount may be off. Tiny little things that by themselfs are no big deal.

But when your racing for that last 10th of a second or just knowing that you have the right stuff than, that's why we build'em.

But when racing the fun sure can go quick and at least with an ARF there's not the emotional factor to deal with when one of your fleet goes in.

I myself have a couple Seekers and they take off very well and fly the course with ease
Old 07-05-2006, 11:38 AM
SCPYLONRACER

I have both the Hurrikane and the Seeker and have won races with each. They are very similar in design using the same airfoil but the tail moment on the HurriKane has a slightly shorter. Put the CG at 2 7/8” and both can be winners.

Bill
Old 07-06-2006, 02:24 PM
DMyer
My Feedback: (2)

Hello,

I watched your son fly every race so far.... he is doing just fine! I would keep him stocked in either Vipers or Predators(his choice) for now in 424 and let him worry about flying and not the plane. Either will allow him to develope the flying skills needed to win. If you have not done so yet.... let one of the more experienced Racers on race day fly your son's plane and see how well it is setup for actual racing and explain to him what to look for and how to adjust it. Doing that will have him running under 1:30 in no time... that would then be the time to worry about better planes and (428). IMO.... Vipers and Predators are all that is needed for 424 speeds.