Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

Futaba R168DF FM DC Receiver for Q-500?:

Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Futaba R168DF FM DC Receiver for Q-500?:

Old 08-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba R168DF FM DC Receiver for Q-500?:

Hi Guys,

I have been using the Hitec Supreme reciever for my Q-500. I have the possibility to get a Futaba R168DF FM DC Receiver for a good deal. However this is a new receiver and I have no knowledge whether or not this receiver would stand up as well as the Hitec Supreme receiver for racing. Is anyone familiar with this receiver and will it work OK in a Q-500? Will it stand up to the stress and vibration? This is a relacement to the R-127 Receiver.

Thanks I appreciate it

Ed
Old 08-31-2006, 07:30 PM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Futaba R168DF FM DC Receiver for Q-500?:

I've been using a couple of the 168DF receivers and have had no problems. Since it is the replacement for the 127DF that had the High band/Low band restrictions, and is being switched to in all of the Futaba FM radio packages, I feel sure Futaba fully tested the 168DF receiver.

The only problem that I have had with the 168DF is not getting one when I ordered a 6EXA radio from Tower Hobbies. Even though the radio specs had the 168DF in the title and in the Tech Specs, I received a radio with the old 127DF. I called Tower and they told me that I could ship the whole radio package back if I wanted the 168DF. It would have cost me return shipping and the hassle of a return of a radio package, plus a delay. It really pissed me off that they would not just ship me a 168DF and let me return the 127DF. I have a strong order history with Tower, but I will order far less from them now, even though I will continue to use Hobbico products acquired from other sources.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:10 AM
DMyer
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Futaba R168DF FM DC Receiver for Q-500?:

IMO... all the airplane receivers made by FUTABA and JR are of excellent quality and will hold up to just about any application if installed correctly.