Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

where can i buy a good quickee 5 kit

Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

where can i buy a good quickee 5 kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:12 AM
musltang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i buy a good quickee 5 kit

I am looking for a good quickee 500 plane. there isnt alot of pylon events out here so it will be mainly a really fast fun flyer. an affordable kit would be nice too. please any info would help.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Electriceddie

Default RE: where can i buy a good quickee 5 kit

A good starter would be the Great Planes Viper - Q-500. At approx 100 Mph, pretty competitive plane for the money in 424. ARF , builds real quick with V-Tail. $119.00. I have one and I am getting back into Q-500 as well, Equipped with T.Tiger .40 and Hitesc Supreme 8 Rec. With Hitec Hs-225 Nylon gears all around and on the throttle HS-81. Good set up.

Have fun.......

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEUN4&P=ML
Old 10-16-2006, 10:01 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

I would start with one of the ARFS also for your first. If you want to build, look at www.supertrc.com
Old 10-16-2006, 01:52 PM
musltang

i found the lanier predator kit is this a good kit it looks really nice. and im not going to race but i was thinkin about a mvvs .40 with a tuned pipe. ide like to see speeds of 120 or more. i already have a hopped up stryker runnin around 100mph. would that engine / plane combo acheive these kind of speeds.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:23 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

The newer predator II kits from Tower are pretty good, so is the Great Planes Viper. Some like one, some like the other, plenty written about each one on this site so do a little searching. Both have areas that could use a little help so a little research will go a long way.

I am not famaliar with that engine, but with the stock OS .46 AX engine and a sport 10x7 most guys can go 120 mph with the Predator or Viper.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Racerdad

Hey, Mulstang. Check out this website. There is a very active racing community in your own back yard. We race year round. Whether you want to race or not, give these guys a call, and they can help with anything you want. www. nwprops.org

Tom Sr.