Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Quick V racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:01 PM
308jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick V racing

I've been thinking hard about doing a little Q500 racing but so far have resisted. A couple of days ago one of my flying buddies unloaded a squadron of Quick V's on me for not much money. Two are ready to fly, 2 under construction and two short kits. As dated as this design is I have no illusions about placing well but thought these planes might be used to learn to fly in traffic and around a course. Are they legal for Quickie racing in the southeast? I'm thinking of either a Jett or Webra Q500 motor and maybe going to a few events over at Hodges in Andersonville next year. I have a nephew with gifted thumbs who will probably try as well. I don't want to get there and then blow the inspection because my gear isn't legal. with either of those engines what prop and plug should I use and what rpm am I looking for? I usually run 15% pink fuel but will get whatrever is standard. Thanks.

Rick H.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:19 PM
diggs_74

Default RE: Quick V racing

Welcome to the addiction.. If you're looking at hitting the Hodge's races then all you need for an engine is a Thunder Tiger .40 which is the engine for 424 racing.. They also mandate a 9x6 APC
Old 12-21-2007, 02:32 PM
JAllen

Rich,

I designed those planes and sold the short kits years ago. Do you know what version you have? Any of them will be great for what you have in mind. Quik-V III's have a faster wing than the II's, but the II's fly great. If you have any questions, send me an e-mail.

Jim Allen
Mesa, AZ
Old 12-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Kevin Matney
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hy Jimmy
What airfoil did the Quick V III have?
Old 12-24-2007, 11:51 AM
JAllen

Kevin,

It's a Quik V III airfoil. I developed it myself.

Jim