Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

Old Julian Airport Air Races in NC

Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Old Julian Airport Air Races in NC

Old 01-04-2009, 07:45 PM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Julian Airport Air Races in NC

3 pole racing is coming back to North Carolina.

Mike Langlois has turned his 100 acre farm near Greensboro, North Carolina into a dedicated 3 pole pylon racing facility. There are already sleeves in the ground for the short and long courses in two directions. The main runway is at least 1000 feet long. It is graded very smooth and planted with bermuda grass. Even if the grass does not come up and green out for the spring race, the surface is fine for Quickies. The pit and spectator areas are being worked on.

The web site for the location and the races is at www.OldJulianAirport.com and while not all of the information is there yet, the fliers for the spring and fall races are online. Plus I have photos from the first test practice session in November at Site Photos. The web site will be updated over the next few weeks and online registration will be available very soon.

Jim Katz will be the CD and he is hard at work making equipment for the site. Workers are already lined up. These will be quality races at a great new facility.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:32 PM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old Julian Airport Air Races in NC

Jim Katz and Mike Langlois have put a ton of work into the 3 pole races coming up near Greensboro North Carolina in April and October.

A race equipment and helper practice session was scheduled for today, but it was rained out. So Mike and Jim improvised and here is the result ... [link=http://www.oldjulianairport.com/Shakedown.aspx]Race Equipment and Helper Shakedown[/link]
Old 03-14-2009, 08:27 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Old Julian Airport Air Races in NC

I hate it rained today. We were looking forward to coming out to play. Jim and Mike, and yes even John have put a ton of time and money into this with the simple goal of holding excellent races.
I can't wait till we get beyond the practice and set-up.

This field will be the premier place to race in the South for sure!
Nice job guys.