Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

PROFI engines suck

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 04:03 PM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default PROFI engines suck

Just a warning to everyone -
Don,t but a PROFI engine because you cant get after sales service no matter how many emails you send,
Hey Jim Booker - why don't you answer and supply the parts I've already paid for???

What goes around comes around -
Old 11-21-2009, 08:22 AM
SSAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PROFI engines suck

Sorry to hear about that! But have you try calling Jim Booker instead of just the emails? Maybe he's not getting the message or some other health reasons that we don't know. Jim was pretty good about it when I ordered one from him before. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a call too. Just a thought!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:35 PM
scoeroo

ssan,

I have tried all means to get a response from this guy as well as Judith , I bought his last 2 engines over 3 months ago and have heard from him once!! despite all emails and calls, heck he doesn't even know if the exhaust bolts are metric or imperial?? let alone the size, this tells me he knows nothing about the product.
A very well educated guess would say that they are probably metric, but he doesn't know what size, I forked out some $700 odd dollars for these engines (2) and no bolts or gaskets, he reckons he's sent them but I have not seen anything, I also wanted another carb so I can bore it out, not seen that either.
If I ever get the parts for these engines I'm selling them strait away and will go back to my jett engines, at least Dub knows who's on the other end of the phone when I call and order parts, that's what I call service, If I treated a customer this way in this day and age of communication technology I would be out looking for another job!!!!!!!!! I deal with muti-million dollar equipment for an international company not engines worth a couple of hundred dollars, service is service regardless, I give 24hr service 7 days 365 a year no two ands ifs or buts!! I expect the same consideration.
Profi can stik it as far as I'm concerned,

What goes around comes around.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:03 PM
SSAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scoeroo,

Point taken. That's very unfortunate, and sorry to hear that you have to deal with this issue. Hopefully, something can be work out.

As for the PROFI engine exhaust bolts... it's a standard 5-40 x 1 1/2 inches in length. The thread are only half of entire bolt from the bottom up. Hope this helps!

Sam
Old 11-25-2009, 10:34 AM
scoeroo

Well,Well,Well -

We finally get a response from PROFI,
It took quite a bit of promting to bring a retort, and you still couldn't remember what parts???
Hey Jim - send all the emails to who ever you want, the facts still remain the same, I wouldn't buy or recommend anything from you after the way I was treated !!!!!!!!!
As for the first ammendment FREEDOM OF SPEECH I have every right to voice my opinion - as follows.

• First Amendment – Establishment Clause, Free Exercise Clause; freedom of speech, of the press, and of assembly; right to petition
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Merry christmas