RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Q-500 Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/q-500-racing-149/)
-   -   Conspirator by Arch Adamisin (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/q-500-racing-149/8752083-conspirator-arch-adamisin.html)

P. Johnson 05-08-2009 02:48 PM

Conspirator by Arch Adamisin

1 Attachment(s)
I wanted to show a couple of pics building his airplane for a firnd of mine. This is a foam wing plane with Glass fuse. Very fun to build and should be a good competitor for the upcoming race in Municie.
The wing is Monokote
Fuse and tail were painted with Krylon rattle can ...wet sanded and waxed

1 down and 3 more wings to cover.

daven 05-08-2009 03:39 PM

RE: Conspirator by Arch Adamisin

nice job, that scheme has a hint of Tom Scotts flavor to it. I like it.

BloomAce 05-09-2009 11:12 PM

Looks fast TJ.

P. Johnson 05-09-2009 11:30 PM

I delivered today to TJ , We met 1/2 way in Champaign. He is hoping to get testflights this week and head to Muncie next weekend.

BloomAce 05-09-2009 11:32 PM

I look forward to meeting you Peter.

Mike

GSJames 05-10-2009 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: P. Johnson
Is Krylon fuel proof? I've heard that Rustoleum is (except for the metallics) but I've never heard that Krylon is.

tjkav8tor 05-10-2009 09:09 AM

ORIGINAL: GSJames

Is Krylon fuel proof? I've heard that Rustoleum is (except for the metallics) but I've never heard that Krylon is.

Krylon isn't fuel proof, but if you wipe it down between races ( am I the only one who does this? ) then its OK. The beauty of this paint beyond low cost and good coverage is it dries quick and is very easy to work with. Pete swears by it. However I don't think I'd expose it to 40 - 60% nitro aka the old F1 days - it would probably orange peel off the fuse!

Hobbs21743 05-11-2009 08:25 PM

I actually painted a couple of my F1's and QM15's with Krylon and they held up pretty well. The key was to clean them off after EVERY flight.
Good looking plane. The Tail reminds me of an old Beechcraft Bonanza. It looks flatter than most of V-tails used in Quickee. Is that closer to 120 / 125 degrees? Where are the control horns for the Rudder/vator?
Who would I contact to possibly buy one of these and do they come in a kit form or are they only built to order?

P. Johnson 05-12-2009 12:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is # 2 built for tjkav8tor , We will meet in Danville friday for delivery on his way to Muncie. Have fun guys.

Hobbs, you have mail

the kits is available from
Arthur A. Adamisin
20620 Emmett
Taylor, Mi 48180
734-287-9320

He supplies fuse, gear and wing cores or fuse, gear and wing pre-sheeted with the tail feathers and plans.

Hobbs21743 05-12-2009 01:08 PM

I received your e-mail .
The second one looks great too. I will contact Mr. Adamisin this week. I look forward to ordering a couple and getting back into racing.

Old age must be really setting in! TJ and Peter, are you 2 part of the original Texas group from the 80's ?

Iceman67 05-12-2009 01:25 PM

Tail angle is 115 degrees. We tried 120, 115, 110, & 100. We liked 115 the best. It is less critical to be on perfect knife edge to turn and still maintain good kinfe edge stability. We run 115 on all our racing v-tails with 13% area.

Look forward to seeing you out there racing.

fizzwater2 05-12-2009 01:29 PM

13% projected to flat, or 13% total if you measure each half and add 'em up?

Stevem9 05-17-2009 01:27 PM

how much for the kits?

Arch Adamisin 05-22-2009 10:32 PM

The stabs are 13% total.
The basic kit is $85.00. It includes the fuse, cores and carbon fiber landing gear as well as some basic plans.
Depending on the quality of the sheeting we've ordered, we might also start making the deluxe kits again which include a pre sheeted and rough carved wing and the pre-cut stab and elevator. Thatkit is $185.00. These prices do not include shipping.
Anyone interested in kits or have any questions, just please PM me.

Arch Adamisin

P. Johnson 05-22-2009 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Conspirator #3 ..... Test flying tomorrow

sahartman21 05-22-2009 11:33 PM

Peter,

That's a good looking model.

Everyone,

Art does some of the best fiberglass molding that I've seen.

Scott Hartman

Stevem9 05-23-2009 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Arch Adamisin

The stabs are 13% total.
The basic kit is $85.00. It includes the fuse, cores and carbon fiber landing gear as well as some basic plans.
Depending on the quality of the sheeting we've ordered, we might also start making the deluxe kits again which include a pre sheeted and rough carved wing and the pre-cut stab and elevator. Thatkit is $185.00. These prices do not include shipping.
Anyone interested in kits or have any questions, just please PM me.

Arch Adamisin

ok i will see what i can do in the next couple weeks, i had one only few it a few times then it was flownthrough and that was that, my co pylon racerishappy that this is back outon the market. he likes his alot.

daven 05-23-2009 06:29 AM

Arch,

if you can give me some contact info (email / phone) I can add your info to the "where to buy Q500" thread.

I've never built one of your kits, but have flown a couple of them that others in the area have owned over the years and they are great flying planes.

thanks for putting these back in the market.<br type="_moz"/>

P. Johnson 05-24-2009 12:37 AM

Iwas able to beat the weather today and test flew Plane #3 today. Iadded 1 click of up elevator and that was it. Nothing unexpected and purely a joy to fly. Take off was smooth and staright. Landing was easy and prodictable. The conspirator is very stable andcomfortable. I'm readyfor the Cincinatti Race. Now I only have 2 more to build.

P. Johnson 05-26-2009 03:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is #4 Conspirator. Now I just have to go back and rebuild #1. TJgot a midair in Muncie a few weeks ago but is eager to get me to rebuild it (new fuse and wing repair) so he has a spare in Bloomington.

Stevem9 05-26-2009 08:32 AM

man your building them fast.

P. Johnson 05-26-2009 11:23 AM

Thanks Steve. They are easy to build and pretty much "idiot proof" on aligning things. The saddle is molded into the fuse for the stab, so it drops in and thats it. Arch and his son's built this and refined features to make it easy for building. Ispent way TOOmuch time on the monokote......Ineed a hobby...LOL http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ey/msn/lol.gif

Stevem9 05-26-2009 09:07 PM

what do you think rough build time for the standard kit?</p>

</p>

also can you post some pics of inside the fuse? i kinda want to see the layout.</p>

P. Johnson 05-26-2009 11:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I haven't really thought about actual time spent . I would say that it took me 20 hours of actual "On time". I was building 4 at the same time so its hard to tell. I would do the same step on each one, then go to the next. I made sure that I had the first 2 for TJ done, then Ifinished mine. When you are doing all wings, then all the tail feathers, then gluing, , prep work and priming all of them, painting each one. It became almost like assembly line work up to the point of monokote. Here is a shot inside the fuse. I have a 1100MA battery in front of the receiver and a 4OZ. Hayes tank in the nose. The battery and receiver have velcro on them to keep from shifting.</p>

Stevem9 05-27-2009 08:29 AM

ok awesome, its there a servo tray provided?</p>

</p>

looks good, might order one up in a few days</p>

Ed Smith 05-27-2009 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
May I suggest some changes?. The idea is to get the tank on the Balance point. Then the trim will not change as the fuel is used up. Move the servos back, tank on the balance point. Then arrange the receiver an battery around those items. An 1100mah battery is overkill, too heavy and too fat.

See picture, the battery is alongside the tank and can be moved for balancing purposes. Get rid of all that packaging. Fix everything in place with Velcro

Ed S

P. Johnson 05-27-2009 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Steve, No it didn't come with a servo tray. Iused 1/8 ply with 3/16 balsa stringers glued to the inside of the fuse.
ED, thanks for the info. Iwill try this set up. Icould have put my Throttle servo sideways and that would have made the tray shorter and gave more room. Iam concerned how the fuel draw will be with the tank this far back and using a clunk tank. Iwill try it this weekend.

GSJames 05-27-2009 01:36 PM

Iam concerned how the fuel draw will be with the tank this far back and using a clunk tank.
I would recommend that you consider a bubble-less Jett "cg" tank. They are flattened ovals and will sit on the cg quite nicely. Also, since they are bubble less, you will have a lot fewer fuel problems in the future than with a standard clunk tank. Just food for thought.

tjkav8tor 06-22-2009 08:07 AM

"I would recommend that you consider a bubble-less Jett "cg" tank. They are flattened ovals and will sit on the cg quite nicely. Also, since they are bubble less, you will have a lot fewer fuel problems in the future than with a standard clunk tank. Just food for thought."

I am running a 6 oz Jett tank and have it all the way forward in the fuse - works great since we only burn about 2oz. +/- of fuel on our runs and the CG change is not noticeable at all. Thanks for the opinion on the oval tank though - I may have to try one.

A word on the Conspirators - these planes are <u>awesome</u> - I've just finished a two day race in Bloomington, IL. (SIRS Hosted) and on Day 1 held the fast time with a 1:39.00, and due to dumb thumbs and 2 zero's finished well down in the standings but the machine was tracking the course extremely well and really grooving on all the turns. On Day 2 we managed a thrid place finish owing to 1 heat where we cut out and we posted a 1:36.40, 4/10's off the fast time for the event. The plane is very capable, very fast, and in experienced racers hands will hold it's own with the best in the game.

I highly recommend this thoroughly researched and well designed airframe - these things go like nobody's business - and this weekend made a believer out of me. By the way, many thanks to my builder Pete Johnson who does a great job assembling and finishing an airframe - see Pete if you need one of these built for you. By the way Pete was no slouch this weekend either, posting a 1:36.22 on Sunday with a freshly rebuilt engine - look out, this guy is coming to a race near you soon!

GFTL,
TJ

tjkav8tor 06-22-2009 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Hobbs21743

I received your e-mail .
The second one looks great too. I will contact Mr. Adamisin this week. I look forward to ordering a couple and getting back into racing.

Old age must be really setting in! TJ and Peter, are you 2 part of the original Texas group from the 80's ?
Hey - is that Bruce Hobbs??!

Yes sir - you are correct - we are part of the original Phugawi racing team...we have relocated to the frozen midwest (now the hot and steamy midwest) and for the first time in 13 yrs the Johnson/Klise racing team was back at it again in 424 racing this past weekend. We had a great weekend with each of us getting into the 1:36's and having a ball flying these airplanes...

Are you still racing Bruce?Any of our old Texas friends still around?We understand Dub Jett has finally gotten the engine combination together and is smoking fast in 428 with his new engines, it's good to see our old friend being successful. Drop me a line and let's get caught up!

Take care,
TJ

Stevem9 06-23-2009 02:02 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: tjkav8tor

my friend here in seattle has one of these, flies awesome. racks very good, smooth flying, i had one for a few flights, but was midaired last year. another friend is ready to order one, im am just waiting for a reply back from arch, and we will be ordering a couple up

Stevem9 07-29-2009 08:32 PM

PM me archie

need info to place an order

shipping and paypal addy