Notices
Quadra-Aerrow Engines Get direct support for you Quadra-Aerrow Engines here!

U.S. 41cc Vibration Reduction

Old 11-05-2017, 05:17 PM
rcuser004
My Feedback: (287)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default U.S. 41cc Vibration Reduction

I recently purchased a new U.S. 41cc that I am now breaking in. I am very pleased with its running, but I am trying to reduce vibration as much as possible. I checked the run-out on the prop hub, it is .006" total run-out. Is this enough to experience a vibration or is this insignificant?

Thanks....
Old 11-09-2017, 08:22 AM
RACE 66

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "Re-Balanced Flywheel"

I really can't answer your specific question, but, years ago, a fellow named Dario Brisighella was a prolific designer, builder of large scale models. At that time the Quadra was the engine to be had of the few around. In doing so, he came up with an flywheel for this engine to suppress the vibration. I believe he 're-balanced' the flywheel for our particular use in aircraft operations. I have one on an engine I have, but have never ran it. To justify his work and as proof, he signature etched his name on the flywheel, knowing you have one of his modified flywheels.

RACE 66