Notices
Quadra-Aerrow Engines Get direct support for you Quadra-Aerrow Engines here!

parts breakdown for quadra 100M

Old 07-12-2008, 12:29 AM
andy86na
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts breakdown for quadra 100M

Anyone has the file? I am trying to remove the flywheel but not exactly sure how it is attached.

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:53 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: parts breakdown for quadra 100M

To remove the flywheel . . . .
Most of the Quadras have a propeller hub retained by 3 bolts. You must First remove this hub. Underneath you will find a hex nut with right hand threads. This nut must be removed also. Then you will need a flywheel puller to remove the flywheel from the crankshaft. There is a locating key in the mating area between the flywheel and the crankshaft. This key will usually stay on the crankshaft but not always. The pulling device that would work the best would use the three bolt holes for the hub to grip the flywheel.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:34 PM
andy86na

Thanks! what throws me off is that there are no bolts holding the prop hub. It looks like the hub is functioning as a nut itself as it appears screwed onto the shaft holding down the flywheel. It also has a hole drilled sideways, probbaly to help break it loose but I failed to do it so far.

I am hesitant to apply more force until I know for sure I am doing the right thing.

Separately, what is the best way to grab the flywheel and prevent it from spinning? Strap wrench?

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:39 PM
andy86na

It's off! Prop hub was also a nut. It took soaking threads in alcohol for an hoir and heating up the threads with a heat gunnad it broke loose nicely.