Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Adding a spring to the throttle gimble stick

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Adding a spring to the throttle gimble stick

Old 09-19-2010, 11:01 AM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding a spring to the throttle gimble stick

We have a robot that we are building at our school for a competition and we got a couple of Spektrum DX7 transmitters to control it. What we would like to do is put another spring on the throttle gimble stick so that it will return back to center. I have a DX7 of my own that I use for flying airplanes and I have had the back off before. It looks like I would need another little lever arm as well as another spring in order to do this. Has anyone ever had the need to put a spring back in the throttle stick, and if so did you do it your self or would you send it back to spektrum to do it. Im sure if I had the parts I could easily do it myself, to my own transmitter, but I am thinking about suggesting to send the school transmitters in to spektrum to have this done. I dont know where I would get one of those arms but I could find a spring anywhere. What would you do?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:15 AM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Adding a spring to the throttle gimble stick

I'd call the service center at Horizon Monday. Since it's a school project they might drop the parts you need in the mail for free.