Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

zdz 80b2rv engine

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

zdz 80b2rv engine

Old 09-23-2010, 08:11 PM
firemansorel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zdz 80b2rv engine

hi all, i have that engine and it run very well, very strong and never stop in the air... almost perfect, my big problem is that it si very, very hard to start. him using the right fuel and oil, the mixte oil/gaz is good. everything is ok. the tips in the intruction manuel those not work at all... it need more than 40 stroke to start everytime... can you help meplease.

20 spin for prime: full gaz with full choke
spin full gaz with full choke until engine strat once than spin choke off medium gaz.
this is my way of starting the engine. do you have a better way for this engine.

and the guys how built it did put pressure tap on muffler to put tank under pressure. do i really need that pressure from muffler??

thank everyone for your futur help....

sincerely

luc....firemansorel
maac 39624

Old 09-23-2010, 10:27 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: zdz 80b2rv engine

Hi Luc,

Which carb do you have?
I have 2 ZDZ 80's and a friend has the ZDZ 80 Super.
One of mine has the old Bing carb, and the other has a Walbro WJ 71
There was also a Tillotson that was used on some engines...
Each carb has it's own little quirks.

My friend and I have noticed that when we have the carb peaked for smoothest running and max power, it is harder to start...but if we richen the mixture just a little bit, the engine starts much easier.

Here is a link to the ZDZ forum of RCU...you might also have a look there to see if you can find some tips.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_204/tt.htm