Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

IRON BAY STILL IN BUSINESS?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

IRON BAY STILL IN BUSINESS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:58 PM
bchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IRON BAY STILL IN BUSINESS?

I am interested in knowing if anyone has had any contact or has received any kits from Iron Bay Models in the past year? I contacted them about purchasing a T-28 Trojan but haven't heard anything. It says that the kit is in production on their website.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IRON BAY STILL IN BUSINESS?

ORIGINAL: bchapman

I am interested in knowing if anyone has had any contact or has received any kits from Iron Bay Models in the past year? I contacted them about purchasing a T-28 Trojan but haven't heard anything. It says that the kit is in production on their website.
I tried getting Iron Bay Regulators, and everyone I talked to said the company was crooked and (going?) out of business.

It is a shame as they have the planes I've been looking for on their site.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:22 PM
bchapman

I've heard of people getting their orders in the past, but it seems you just have to be patient. I don't think they are dishonest or anything, I just think that it's just not very profitable for them and so it must take a lot of time. They get to it when they get to it. If it wasn't for them all of the Byron Originals molds, plans ect would be in a landfill in Iowas somewhere.

It says the lead time on the T-28 kit is 6 weeks. I don't mind the wait, so long as I receive it.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:04 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

I think you might find that most of the "model" companies only do our stuff as a sideline to what they really make a living at.

Les
Old 10-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Mustang1971
My Feedback: (30)

Not sure if a complete model would suit your needs but my buddy Scott Prossen has an original Byron T-28 for sale locally. You can check it out in RCU's excellent Top Gun 2010 coverage both stills and a video. If you are interested I can put you in touch with him.

Thanks-
Sean
Old 10-22-2010, 03:00 PM
macdona
My Feedback: (3)

A long time ago I tried to get a T-6 canopy from Iron Bay. They didn't respond, so I clicked on a link that took me to a hobby shop in the area. He was a really nice guy and went over and got my canopy. Wish I had him near me, as that kind of service is hard to find. Mac
Old 10-29-2010, 01:21 PM
bchapman

ORIGINAL: macdona

A long time ago I tried to get a T-6 canopy from Iron Bay. They didn't respond, so I clicked on a link that took me to a hobby shop in the area. He was a really nice guy and went over and got my canopy. Wish I had him near me, as that kind of service is hard to find. Mac
I sent another e-mail a few days ago to place an order for a T-28 kit and retracts, but so far no response. I ended up answering my own questions that I had about the model from posts on RCUniverse. I put my name and address in the e-mail but I don't feel comfortable giving my credit card information without any response from them whatsoever. Mostly because the total price is over $2000. I can't believe that I can't get a response for a $2000 order.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:17 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Now imagine the kind of response you'll get after they have your money.