Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

operator manual needed

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

operator manual needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 10:55 AM
SCOTT42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default operator manual needed

I just received a ys-F120, it doesnt have none of the paper work with it, nore does it have any of the check valves. I know that these engines have to be setup a certain way or they wont run, I need help getting this thing setup so any help would be great. Thanks Scott
Old 11-02-2010, 12:19 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: operator manual needed

Here is the source for parts and info:

Address :

YS Parts and Service

1370 Porter Drive

Minden, Nevada 89423

Phone : (775) 267-9252
Fax : (775) 267-9690

Email: support @ ysengines.net

Web Site(s) :
www.YSPartsandService.com
www.YSEngines.net

Old 11-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you go into the glow engine forum you can go directly to the YS Support for any info needed. If you google YE Engines there are a bunch of sites with printed instructions. There are several models of the 1.20 but the FZ has a low end needle to make life easier. The other models require you to balance the regulator screw and high end needle to tune the engine. I have several of the 1.20s and love them. Once dialed in you no longer need to fool with them unless the weather really takes a turn or you change prop sizes. Go surf the YS thread!! Everything you require is there. If you require any sites I do have a few of the addresses, just email me if you need them.
Gene
Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 PM
SCOTT42

Thanks a bunch guys, i endded up haveing to call them and they directed me over to central hobbies couse they said they were out out of check valves, I placed my order and now all I got to do is wait for it to arive. Im wanting to put this engine on a sig raskall 110 that i have, what do you guys think about that? do you think its got enough power for it?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Gray Beard

One thing all of us that use YS have on hand are extra diaphragms/gaskets for the regulator. If anything starts going wrong with a YS first thing to do is replace the glow plug and if it is still running a bit off then a new diaphragm is installed plus cleaning the regulator at the same time. Doesn't happen often but for a couple of bucks a new diaphragm and gasket are good to have on hand. The YS is a 20cc high performance engine and will fly the Rascal just fine with power to spare. A YS wouldn't be my first choice for a big floater though, they are better suited to higher performance planes. Sort of like pulling the engine out of an Indy car and putting it in a sedan.
Any idea of what model of 1.20 you have? You may also want to get it in tune on a starting stand so it's easier to get to the regulator screw and needle before you mount it in a plane. The FZ model with a low end needle is easier to tune then the others but my NC and F only took a few minutes to get into balance.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:28 PM
SCOTT42

It is the YS F-120, which I was told it was the FZ series. I really dont want to put this engine on that plane as Ive allready have it fitted with a G-26 gas engine now, and thats way more power than what it needs.I picked up a couple of planes this weekend at a swap meet and one of them I received is what I was told is a AIR COUPE, its a twin boom tail plane. It weighs 19lbs without a engine mounted on it, it has a 91" wingspan. So my thoghts were to remove the g-26 from the raskall and mount it on the air coupe, then mount the ys 120 on the raskall
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88704.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1527360  
Old 11-02-2010, 08:07 PM
SCOTT42

Ok so I have looked it up since I last posted and have found out that that plane in the pic is a ERCPOUPE and not an AIR COUPE, I think its moldeled after a 194? plane?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Your Scale airplane is modeled after what appears to be an Ercoupe 415C or D. If the Trailing edge of the elevator has no cutout then its likely a C model. A lot can be determined from the windsheild configuration.

The name stood for Engineering Research Corp which was the first manufacturer of the airplane designed by Fred Weick from 1938 through 1946 at which time there was a list of six more companys producing the airplane into the seventies.

The Aircoupe name was derived from the Forney Aircoupe F1 version produced some time in the fifties. One factory was even owned and operated by the city of Carlsbad Ca. Those limited numbers of coupes became of course Carlsbad Coupe. The last producer of that remarkable little airplane was produced by Mooney in the Seventies and built only two with the twin tail before converting it to a very mooney like single tail.

I am rather intimate with the airplane having owned and loved one for ten years and did use it to train my wife for her private. I loved the fact that everyone said she could not take a flight test in the airplane without rudder pedals in modern times (the seventies) Humbug

There were two experimental retractable coupes, one four place coupe, two different siamesed twin fuselage twin coupes, just one coupe on floats which could not be recovered from the required spin for certification and the test pilot bailed out into the Houston bay. Oh and yes there was the Convertible Coupe which had a removeable cabrolet top that could be flown as a convertible.

I attended the 1978 Ercoupe fly in at Talaquah Oklahoma with 144 coupes on one small airport for four days what a joy that one was and a worlds record for coupes ever.

Sorry for the ramble and Thanks for the memorie lane trip.

John
Old 11-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Gray Beard

I'm a big fan of the EC too!! Never been in a full scale but have flown a couple of scales. The YS F and FZ are different engines. The F has no low end needle. I have an FZ in a 2 meter pattern plane and an NC in an Extra. I just picked up the F in a trade and haven't built it a home yet. The 1.20 was dropped from the line after the 1.10 and 1.40 came out. I have had several of the 1.10s and like them every bit as much as the old 1.20s. The FZ was the more powerful of the other 1.20s but they are all great. Go into the YS engine support forum and you can find all the correct info on these engines. I'm running off of memory and it has been letting me down a bit. I went there today and found drawings and instructions plus web sites that you were wondering about. Everything is right there at your finger tips, just scroll and read.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:34 PM
SCOTT42

Well I got my parts in the other day, went out today and built a run up stand for this engine, installed what was needed and connected every thing, added fuel, placed the glo ignighter on it, barlly gave it a tap on the starter and it fired right up, perrerd like a kitten! I dont have one of those gaggets to check the RPM (forgot what there called) but will buy one in the next day or so. I run a 16-7 APC prop on it for trial run as it is the lowest pitch I have. Finally feels good to have something run properlly this week.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Gray Beard

Glad to hear it. After you get one of those Tach things you can test to see what your RPMs look like. I sasw you were over in the YS forum, did you locate the instructions??
Gene
Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 PM
SCOTT42

No, I dont think I was in the YS forum, it must have been in the gas forum you seen me in. I havent ever really used this website that much over the last few years so im still kinda learning it. but to answer your question, no I havent found one yet, im still looking, I did find the ys store in Vegas that you hooked me up with and they have been a big help for me, aswell as you have too.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: SCOTT42

No, I dont think I was in the YS forum, it must have been in the gas forum you seen me in. I havent ever really used this website that much over the last few years so im still kinda learning it. but to answer your question, no I havent found one yet, im still looking, I did find the ys store in Vegas that you hooked me up with and they have been a big help for me, aswell as you have too.
I do pass through the gas forum on my way to the YS forum. I took a stop over there to read a page or two on the new DLE 20, a friend just ordered one and none of us at the field have seen one in person yet. A word on Techs. I went through several of the cheaper tachs over the years then when I started working on a lot of different types of engines, all of them were crap!!! I had to break down and buy a good one finally, I spent the money and bought a TNC and I'm very happy with it. The last few years I have used mine to test other peoples tachs to see how far on or off they are. I found a winner and a pretty good deal, the combo tach/volt meter sold through Horizon. I know, most people already have a volt meter but what the heck, this one is both and it works very well. Just something to take a look at and the only cheap unit I have found worth buying.