Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

CANOPIES

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 06:57 PM
frankolin42
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CANOPIES

Is there anyone out there that makes clear plastic canopies, in different sizes? I'm building two Stuka's .60 scale 60" wingspans, ans I need canopy's made for them, maybe there is even tips on how to make canopies I don't know Unfortunatly both my planes are pre-war proto types, so the Royal Canopy is available, but it's incorrect.[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]
Old 11-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CANOPIES

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_33.../tm.htm#339271

check that out.. and also google vacuum forming table. if you have the ability to make one of these you can build canopies for anything you want after that!

Youtube has some videos on vacuum tables as well, I learnt a thing or two from those!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: CANOPIES

You can look at the fiberglass Specialities web site, if it isn't there you can call them, not all there products are listed on the site. When I'm building from plans I often look at ARFs and try to find the plane I'm building in something close to the same size. You can contact tower and see if they have any parts still in stock for the ARF they used to sell.