Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Servo Extensions

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Servo Extensions

Old 01-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Maylon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Extensions

Has anyone bought from this outfit, servowires.com ?
Were you satisfied?
Looks like good products, decent prices and free shipping.
Thanks.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:12 PM
LargeScale88

Default RE: Servo Extensions

You know the old say "if its to good to be true, it probably isn't". I'm not sure if thats the case with this website. I checked the terms and conditions and it all looks fine. The free shipping is kinda wierd though.

I have never boughten anything from there, but make sure you get a wire with the proper connectors for the radio your using. (Jr, futaba, ect)

Jason
Old 01-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: LargeScale88

You know the old say ''if its to good to be true, it probably isn't''. I'm not sure if thats the case with this website. I checked the terms and conditions and it all looks fine. The free shipping is kinda wierd though.

I have never boughten anything from there, but make sure you get a wire with the proper connectors for the radio your using. (Jr, futaba, ect)

Jason
If you buy a roll of servo wire from a place like Hobby People, a bit of heat shrink tube from any hardware store you can lengthen your wires in about five minutes to any length you require. Nothing to come loose or corrode. Soldering is very easy to do and learn. Much better then extensions.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:09 AM
jetmech05

Gray is correct just remember to stagger you solder splices...less chance of a short.....
If you ever get to Perry Ga in March ther is a huge "swap meet" alot of new stuff as well.....I picked up servo extensions for a buck a piece...as long as 3 ft....
Old 01-09-2011, 05:43 AM
LargeScale88

What Gray said is correct. Thats what I've also done a few times also. Its much cheaper also.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Maylon

Got the extensions yesterday. They look good. 20 ga. Twisted wire, real heavy duty. Great price and FREE SHIPPING. They were sent the same day I called. I will be buying from here again. So if you are not into soldering your own extensions, I suggest you give these a try.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I only mention soldering for those of us that are lazyasses and don't want to be pulling them to clean them up. I have used them often years ago and never had one pull loose but I have seen a lot of good giant scale planes go down from corroded terminals, even the gold plated extensions. That's the only reason I went to soldering, I really hate having to pull long leads and clean them, I really am a lazyass. Truth, no kidding!!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:57 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm with you GB, I hate having extentions (the plugs really) in places I can see or get at them.