Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help with electric motors

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help with electric motors

Old 01-19-2011, 06:56 PM
ads8525
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with electric motors

Okay, I have the Parkzone Corsair with the stock motor and 30amp speed controller. The stock motor is 480-size, 960Kv outrunner brushless. Now the question, I would like to upgrade my motor to get more speed, but not sure how to interpret the differences in the motors. How do I interpret the differences between the motors to know if I am getting more speed or not? Also, how do I know if I need to upgrade the speed controller when I upgrade the motor?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:52 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Help with electric motors

If you're trying to turn more rpm, then get a higher Kv motor in the same class, either that or go up another cell on your battery if you motor can handle the watts. If you mean you want the plane to fly faster, you can get that by going up one pitch size on your prop. You'll need to check your amps with a meter though to be sure you aren't drawing too much current with the new prop.