Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

H-9 Super Stick and Saito 91

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

H-9 Super Stick and Saito 91

Old 08-06-2003, 06:00 PM
flyhi
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H-9 Super Stick and Saito 91

Just put this arf together, with a Saito 91. Now, it's way, way, way tail heavy. Anybody got this combo? If so, what does it take to balance? Plans say 1/8 behind main spar, or 3 5/8 from l.e. Did put two small, 1-1 1/2" pieces of 1/4 tri stock around tail to reinforce it, but that's all the modifications I did. Understand the recommended Saito 80 is 20 grams heavier than my Saito 91, so that's maybe some of it. Anyway, I know guys fly this combo and want to know how they balance it, i.e., how much weight, if any, on the nose. many thanks.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:33 PM
flyhi

Default HELP PLEASE

I got this thing to balance at 4 1/4 from l.e. Afraid of crashing it, so is this close enough? I can fly, been flying 5 years but still kinda worried 'cause the cg is so far aft of recommended 3 5/8" somebody out there has one of these so could you please give me some advice on how your plane balances? it's the arf kit, btw. thanks
Old 08-12-2003, 05:05 AM
mikenlapaz

put some temporary weight on the firewall, to your satisfaction. Remove some, if possible, after a few flights
Old 08-12-2003, 06:08 PM
flyhi

I need 5 oz of weight on the nose, plus a higgley heavy hub. I just can't believe that's right.