Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

why do i need dsmx?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

why do i need dsmx?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 09:11 AM
tlojak38
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do i need dsmx?

Hello. im kind of new to this. ive been building for two years, and ive finally got my trainer built, covered and powered. last weekend, i went to the rc show in Lebanon Pa and bought my tx. as my receiver is an ar7000, i knew i wanted a dx7, and thats what i got. now i come to find they are discontinuing the dx7, and you cant even find the ar7000 on Spektrums website. its already been replaced with the ar7010, which is dsmx technology. my question is, if the only reason for upgrading to dsmx is because youre going to be flying where more than 100 others are, (thats what the website says the difference between the two is) why is Spektrum making me upgrade by discontinuing my receiver? i have another plane that im going to have to buy another one for. did i buy at the wrong time? any input would be great. thanks.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:19 AM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: why do i need dsmx?

Your DX7 will work with the new DSMX receivers so you need not worry. You can send your DX7 in to Horizon for the DSMX upgrade if you like, but it is not necessary.

All the new DSMX receivers will work in ether DSM2 or DSMX, depending on which Tx was bound to it. So if you bind a DX7 (DSM2) to a DSMX Rx, the Rx with be in DSM2. Not a big deal. Just set your servo end points so they never bottom out or bind up and run a 5cell 6V Rx pack.

Go fly and have fun. Scoot