Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Electric RC Help

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Electric RC Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:09 PM
aerobatix31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric RC Help

Hey guys I could really use your help on a recent issue with my GP Electrifly.

I had it all set up and it was flying great. I was hoping it would fly longer than 6 minutes. I used all recommended equipment in the manual. So I bought a different LiPo pack and a series of problems started. The motor will not run anymore. So I replaced the ESC and no change. I bought another motor and it works sporadically. So I have bought two more ESCs and same thing. I took the motor apart to see if the magnets were loose. Everything was intact. I did have to clamp down the motor to get the screws out: could I have messed up something in the motor that would reflect my symptoms? Otherwise could it be the receiver?

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I have seen other planes crash and start acting like mine. Mine hasn't crashed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to eliminate frustration.

Thanks guys
Old 03-18-2011, 02:35 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Electric RC Help

Can you describe what motor, ESC and battery combo you were using that worked? What battery did you use when it quit working? What motor and ESC did you use for replacements? Any pictures?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Electric RC Help

aerobatix31,

The different lipo pack you bought, was it the same cell count? In otherwords did you have a 3S and did you go to a 4S. If so, make sure your ESC can handle the higher cell count.