Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

dual elevator servos

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

dual elevator servos

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 04:58 AM
bostonba745

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual elevator servos

I was hoping someone could tell me how to set up dual elevator and dual aileron servos on a spectrum ar7000 with a dx7 radio. Thanks for any help

Chris
Old 03-22-2011, 05:41 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: dual elevator servos

I've the JR 7202 which is similar to the DX-7. This is how I did it. First, in the plane setup menu, (hold scroll and select button down while turning on power) I turned the aux 2 sw off so that I could use that channel for the slave servo.

Then in the trim menus, (turn on power and then press scroll and select simultaneous), I selected mix 6 as on the 7202 one must use either mix 5 or 6 to have trim tabs of the master affect the slave also.

My settings are:
[ul][*] elev to aux2 on[*] upper rate -90 lower rate -90[*] sw ON[*] offset: +5
[/ul]

Notes: My slave servo has slightly more throw than the master servo hence the 90% numbers. You will want to ensure that the servos have the same travel otherwise the elevators will induce a roll component. My master servo is also a reverse servo so that might change the rate numbers to positive numbers for you. I can't remember what the offset does, perhaps it centers the slave servo to the master. If using aux 2, be certain to turn its switch off in the aircraft setup section.