Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Orange FASST 2.4 rec .from HobbyKing

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Orange FASST 2.4 rec .from HobbyKing

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:43 PM
bigguyplanes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange FASST 2.4 rec .from HobbyKing

Anyone using this in a plane larger than a park flyer ?
Any problems with this unit ?
thanx
Al
Old 03-22-2011, 04:03 PM
cwesh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Orange FASST 2.4 rec .from HobbyKing

Yes
No

How is that for a short answer?

I have been using two of those receivers for a couple of months now without any problems, link has been solid, no issues at all. I am using a standard flight pack, i.e. 3 standard servos + ESC, 600msh 4.8v pack. The planes are .40 and .60 size electrics. I like them.

Later!

Old 03-24-2011, 05:07 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

I have several of these and am well satisfied use in 60-120 size planes friend uses his in a big gasser and have been well satisfied and will continue to use them especially now that HK has had them in stock!!Negative side no instruction came with them!!I went to Frsky site and downloaded there which is same as the orange ones in functions.Another caution the instructions give info about the digital-analog servo situation.Be sure to read that as apparently can ruin a analog servo if not set correct.Just did one last night and aileron servo chattered had to reset per directions then OK but aopparently can ruin an analog one if not set properly!!!Will be the only ones I use now for my Futaba no more of there inflated prices!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 AM
heavy metal thunder

I have about 15 of the orange receivers and sold over 30 to other guys at the field. Only one flier had a problem, he had used the receiver in a .40 size trainer and flew it out of range. For $8 you can't beat the price for park flier use with the DX7. I like the orange receivers because I can add the extra satellite receiver for my larger electrics. I will be buying another DX7 and have ordered another 15 receivers and put more of my electric planes on it.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
cwesh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI: Those $8.00 ones are for Spectrum, not FASST.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

I have about 30 flights on them in a 4 star .60 and a 50 " electric Albatros. Solid and no problems. I'm using digitals in the 4 star and analogs in the Albi. A point to remember is to disable the transmitters failsafe, like the instructions say. I thought I was having throttle servo issues with the 4 star, until I remembered. Once shut off, all worked perfectly.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:50 PM
TruBlu02

I just ordered one myself. It had great reviews on the HK website and it is good to hear people here at RCU have had good luck with them. I love my Futaba Tx but I hate the prices they charge for a receiver. If this first one works out I will definitely buy more!