Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

DUDE!! Can you just shut up??

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DUDE!! Can you just shut up??

Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 PM
rcairflr
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DUDE!! Can you just shut up??

ORIGINAL: dasquirrelisme

ok I admit punching the guy is a little out of line.....but going over and kicking his plane isnt out of the question
So if someone doesn't like you or think you are a pest, they should either punch you or kick your airplane? What's good for one person is good for another.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:57 PM
dasquirrelisme
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my foot mark is probably on that guys airplane
Old 04-03-2011, 03:09 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Iam a construction worker / biker so these types seem to stay away from me . I have seen others have to deal with them , i was at another club for a water fun fly and they thanked me and my club for taking one just sort of a member in when he left their club. lol The most i run into these people is here on the forums. They use to get mouthy when they would drink but now they know you cant choke them till their eyes pop out sitting behind their computer in their homes they get more goofy every year. joe
Old 04-03-2011, 05:45 PM
AraTidwell

I think the best idea would be to confront him on his behavior... Otherwise it is not going to stop
Old 04-03-2011, 05:47 PM
eddieC

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88520.gif
Views:	14
Size:	877.0 KB
ID:	1588468  
Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

How about just respectfully telling him that you appreciate his attempt to help, but you're on top of it? There's no sense in being rude to a guy who probably does actually think he's helping you.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
airborne2.4

...." you just cant fix stupid"
LOL LOL

Old 04-03-2011, 06:45 PM
whipnet

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

ORIGINAL: scooterinvegas

Nope. Dont have anyone like that at my field. I wish someone like that would start coming out there because no one at the field knows how to tune or set-up their planes. It would give me more time to fly rather than walking around helping everyone!!
You are him! [img][/img].

Funny.[img][/img]

Awesome!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:51 PM
crash1ace

Theres a guy at our field that likes to walk around with his neckstrap on waiting to click it onto some ones tranmitter just to show he can teach you how to fly.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:00 PM
mechanizeddeath

These guys are present in every hobby, but the very nature of RC, especially aircraft, makes them a greater annoyance. The amount of knowledge and skill combined with the social requirement of the field or track is a recipe for disaster in this case.

And it really is true, they often believe they really are helping, but some are just jerks and they know it.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: crash1ace

Theres a guy at our field that likes to walk around with his neckstrap on waiting to click it onto some ones tranmitter just to show he can teach you how to fly.
My old club in Ca. had designated instructors who had to pass a flight test by going up with the chief flight instructor, challenging and fun to take the test and to ware the badge was a source of pride.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:26 PM
ARUP

Maybe he's trying subterfuge! His plan is to crash all of your and everyone else's airplanes until you folks run out then he has the field all to himself. He does the 'goober gig' so that you'll never put him on your radar as that type! Very sneaky rascal!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:45 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

How about "open carrying" while at the field? I find people treat me differently when I have a .40 holstered on my right hip. I'm just saying..........
Old 04-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Carlos Murphy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Open carry is not a problem here in Nevada, I do it all the time when I'm 4-wheeling, Kimber .45 on my hip, AK-47 in the back window.

I wouldn't try it in KalEfornia...
Old 04-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Had one of these at our field. Problem was, if you didn't do it his way, he would buzz you when you were flying. He flew right over the top of several pilots heads and flew over the road and parking lot several times.

Finally moved to the Dallas area when AA left KC. Sorry about that, Dallas.....
Old 04-04-2011, 03:13 AM
ceecrb1

We have the opposite in our club.
We dont have the "know it all" who wont shut up, we have the "knows nothing" that wont shut up.

He has spent YEARS in the club.. still cant fly a single foamy without "controlled crashing" rather than landing, cant do anything more than stationary hovers with his helis (ours is a heavily heli oriented club).
He just buys models non stop, about 2 or 3 a month... each time insisting on buying "3d" models... and he either breaks them within days or just stops flying them... he's currently flying a quadracopter (god knows why, never seen anything so boring).. hes also been bringing a pistol (I kid you not!!) and going for target practice around the club. (I personally am complaining against this and trying to get it stopped.. fast).

But non stop he needs help and advice.. this weekend I got asked how to program dual rates in his radio.. which he has bought a 14mz.. GOD knows why!!
Other days he will build a foamy and mount the motor with screws too long, preventing the prop from turning and not see any problem with this..
A few weeks back I gave him a proper shouting as I was flying my 30cc gasser, he decided to fly a stationary hover with his mini titan RIGHT over my head.. I dont mean the over the plane.. I mean above ME.

The worst part is he sees nothing wrong in anything he does... the danger isnt that he is reckless.. its that he is clueless.. But like I say.. just comes every weekend and demands people fix his problems.. that other people do all the hard work for him etc etc etc..

worst part..
Hes a doctor. Should know better.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:33 AM
Doolittleraider

We had one of those! He used to know how to build and fly anything. He was a expert. He would always know why you crashed and offer to help you. When he crashed, it was rarely if ever his fault or skills. He was a real expert because he was never wrong. There was his way, then everyone elses way. Their way was always wrong because it wasn't his. He talked a great game about a lot of nice planes that he had, but never flew most of them because they always had something wrong that he had to expertly fix. These type of expert fixes take a long time. Some of these fixes required re-designing proven airframes because they were all wrong. However, if it was your plane he would of had it fixed already. Infact, he could come to your house and show you how if you wanted. We finally got into an area of model avaiation that he had not yet expertly mastered...........turbine jets! We haven't heard from him since.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Lnewqban

ORIGINAL: ceecrb1

........He has spent YEARS in the club.. still cant fly a single foamy without ''controlled crashing'' rather than landing, cant do anything more than stationary hovers with his helis (ours is a heavily heli oriented club).

.........hes also been bringing a pistol (I kid you not!!) and going for target practice around the club. (I personally am complaining against this and trying to get it stopped.. fast).

..........Other days he will build a foamy and mount the motor with screws too long, preventing the prop from turning and not see any problem with this.

..........he decided to fly a stationary hover with his mini titan RIGHT over my head.. I dont mean the over the plane.. I mean above ME.

......... the danger isnt that he is reckless.. its that he is clueless..

..........just comes every weekend and demands people fix his problems.. that other people do all the hard work for him etc etc etc..

..........Hes a doctor. Should know better.
I think that we can be proud of the ones we have here in America!!!

Joder!!........that "tio" is something else!!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:48 AM
dragonov3
My Feedback: (3)

I sense a lot of frustration here!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 AM
airborne2.4

ORIGINAL: dragonov3

I sense a lot of frustration here!
LOL LOL Who wouldn't be frustrated with a Mr. know it all
Old 04-04-2011, 06:39 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: SCOTT42

Im old enough and its not a matter of how old I am, I was mearlly stateing that theres that one guy that just drives every one nutts, not that hes a bad guy couse he is not, he just happens to be a in your face, know it all type of guy. No Im not no better I sopose, im not trying to say that I am either. Its actully kinda fun just to sit back and watch him go from person to the next.
Hey Bud, not only do you not know how to fly, you spell like a 2nd grader....!!!

Let me tell you how it works for me, pull his azz aside and tell him to back off, and if he doesn't whip his azz, that's how we handle it in THIS part of Texas...

"I don't blink and I don't dial 911"...
Old 04-04-2011, 07:03 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

We dont have one........maybe it's me!??!?!

We did have a talker. He didn't think he knew it all. Just wanted to stand in FRONT of me while I flew and talk. He started next to me but moved around front when I ignored him. WTH.

David
Old 04-04-2011, 08:12 AM
bigedmustafa

I enjoy having a few of the odd balls around, it helps keep things interesting so long as nobody is endangered by bad behavior.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:00 AM
dragonov3
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

[
Hey Bud, not only do you not know how to fly, you spell like a 2nd grader....!!!

Let me tell you how it works for me, pull his azz aside and tell him to back off, and if he doesn't whip his azz, that's how we handle it in THIS part of Texas...

''I don't blink and I don't dial 911''...

Your club sounds like a lot of fun with all the azz kicking going on.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:08 AM
osxpro
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In case you are unaware, there is an unwritten AMA Charter rule that specifies AT LEAST ONE per club. If you do not have one currently, AMA is already aware and is preparing to ship you one free of charge!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.